This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CNU chapter.

Introverts. Those people that are quiet, reserved, don’t want to be the center of attention. The types of people that most of the time would choose a Saturday night in versus a Saturday night out. Yea, hi, that’s me. When the world shut down in March the running assumption was that introverts are going to rejoice and extraverts are going to suffer. At the beginning that was true. I had no problems being away from the public and staying in comfortable clothes all day. By June I was still doing ok, missed seeing people, but didn’t really need to see people. Now we are in November. We are about nine months in dealing with Covid, restrictions, masks, the division, etc so how are the introverts doing? Like I said earlier in the beginning I was fine but now being back in school sometimes I don’t think I am doing well. It has definitely gotten harder to go out, simple things like the grocery store, to Target, etc. My anxiety about people has definitely gotten worse. I’ve become more indecisive with my decisions when just a little bit ago I could still be indecisive but not like this. My introvert qualities have definitely gotten worse since Covid. My social anxiety has definitely gotten worse. I don’t know if this is other introverts experience but this is mine and I wanted to share in case others could relate. 

"THE WORLD IS TEMPORARILY CLOSED" movie sign
Photo by Edwin Hooper from Unsplash

Thanks for reading, Nicole

Hi everyone my name is Nicole and I am a senior at CNU. I am majoring in psychology and am currently applying to graduate school to become a licensed counselor. I currently enjoy watching American Horror Story with my roommates and reading.