Anna Schultz-Cozy Girl Using Laptop
Anna Schultz-Cozy Girl Using Laptop
Anna Schultz / Her Campus

How to deal with Finals during COVID-19

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CNU chapter.

Finals week is normally a stressful occurrence, however during a time where all of your classes are online and an international pandemic is occurring it can seem almost impossible. As such, I’ve provided some tips on how to keep your head on straight during times as crazy as these – especially during the dreaded finals week. 

Be Kind To Yourself

This is a really hard time normally speaking, let alone during the current times we are in. Remember that you’re doing this in extenuating circumstances and that you’re doing the best you know how to do. Don’t be too hard on yourself if you fail an exam or don’t do as well as you were hoping – you’ll bounce back when times are more normal.

Find a Quiet Place to Study

If you have siblings, this may be an incredibly hard thing to do but try to carve out some space where it’s quiet and completely yours. Study in those areas and just be with yourself. Go outside in your backyard if you can’t find a place in your house and just be one with yourself. 

Ask for Help When You Need It

This is probably the hardest step to follow that I’ve provided but it is the most important. Don’t be afraid to ask your friends for some encouragement or your family for help if you have that relationship with them. If you need help with the incoming weight of finals, don’t be afraid to ask. (But don’t ask your friends or family to do the exam for you).

I hope these tips helped! And remember, do the best you can do and good luck on your finals!

Hello, my name is Isabella and I am a 22-year-old senior. I'm a psychology major and women & gender studies and writing minor. I have an intense love for cats, social justice, feminism, and fandom life [name a fandom, I'm probably in it]. I'm a huge book nerd as well as a huge just, regular, nerd. You can find me sitting in my bed typing an article, procrastinating homework, or watching YouTube.