Style > Fashion

Guide to Recreating Your Favorite Singer Superstar’s Aesthetic

The Her Campus National Editors write about products we love and think you’ll love too. Her Campus has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase. All products are in stock and all prices are accurate as of publication.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CNU chapter.

From the iconic ERAs tour bodysuits that Taylor donned to the sparkly platform boots Sabrina flashes during “Feather“, we all secretly long for the stellar wardrobe that our favorite celebrity singers sport on stage but do not have the high-end budget or famed stylist to accomplish this feat. However, a college girl does not need exclusive designer brands and a New York City degree in design to emulate a pop culture star in her daily appearance. Every singer superstar has a unique aesthetic that encapsulates their distinctive character, making them immediately recognizable through their clothes. If you wish to be your own college campus celeb dressing like your trendsetting idol or finally establish your signature style via musician inspiration, here is a comprehensive guide to mirroring a performer’s sensational style.

Olivia Core: punk princess

Olivia Rodrigo Aesthetic: Feminine rage manifested in an LA rebel teenagedom, Olivia Rodrigo has revived early 200s punk in an elevated form. Cheeky ripped fishnets, funky platform heels, punk silver chokers, fringe and feathers galore! Olivia leans towards more outlandish, eclectic colors and patterns that make her instantly attracts attention as a wayward force to be reckoned with. Her luscious long flowy hair with accent braids, pigtails, and butterfly clips also lend themselves to creating her iconic image, but her alternative clothes are the centerpiece of her rocker chic aesthetic. 90s silk slip dresses, bold graphic baby tees, or Y2K legwarmers overtop high-rise heels is quintessentially Olivia. Punchy and pretty like a rose with thrones, to imitate pop-punk princess core, aim for form-fitting sheer tops, frayed mini skirts, and voguish micro sunglasses.

sabrina core: feminist barbie

Sabrina Carpenter Aesthetic: Channeling real life Polly Pocket or Barbie, Sabrina Carpenter’s clothes seem to fit impeccably as if she is a little dress up doll! This newest It-Girl dons popping, vibrant colors like hot or baby pink and sparkly jewels on shaped corset tops. The Barbi-fication aesthetic outfit is not complete without the knee high 6 inch platform heels that you can confidently catwalk in the school hallways as your runway. Sabrina reassures the short gals that we can exude glitz and glamour with her petite-natured style. Her sassy yet classy designs comprise of heart motif cutouts, silk opera gloves, and flashy glitter tops that are spotted from miles away. To embellish yourself like Sabrina, shop in local preppy boutiques for the girly, empowered statement pieces and pair them with equally as dazzling accessories (don’t forget the pumps!).

wonyoung core: royal coquette

Jang Wonyoung Aesthetic: A Pilates princess, clean girl with baby pink coquette influence. Kpop idols are renowned for having porcelain glass doll-like skin and a soft girl fashionista sense of style. Wonyoung, the model It Girl of Korean couture, has brought back the trend of pearly headbands, knee stockings, and old money tweed jackets. To emulate “Wonyoungism” as Douyin Tiktok has deemed it, you need to exude elegance and prestige along with polished health and youthful femininity. Wear classy colors like baby pink and neutrals on fitted turtlenecks or knitted sweaters. Frilly bows, monochrome layered pieces, and pleated skirts are necessary items to radiate the chronically flawless and regal look. The dignified way you carry yourself is equally as important as the garments you choose to be considered like Wonyoung.

lana core: modern lolita

Lana Del Rey Aesthetic: Although Lana may not visually dress with her assigned aesthetic, her artistic lyrics and radiating vibe of her nostalgic, romantic Americana image give her the title of “Lolita core”. The stylistic conceptualization of Lolita core, based on the 1955 novel of an older man’s unhealthy lustful obsession with a young girl, has strayed from the original inappropriate subject matter and has come to represent the healing return to wild girlhood and American femininity. Lana balances soft girly gracefulness with poofy, lacey vintage dresses and a slam of smokey grunge with her chunky eyeliner and teased hair. To recreate mother Lana, romantic and girly pure white dresses, tiny denim summer shorts, and overlaying print jackets are go-to clutches. Flirty yet innocent with the floral patterns and bold-statement lips, you can channel this cinematic singer’s romantic style with simple items you likely have in your closet already from your younger days.

21 yr old Virgo writer at Christopher Newport University. Big feminist. Coffee ice cream enthusiast. Communication Major.