Five Movies to Look Forward to This Year

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CNU chapter.

With the new year – and school year – just beginning, you may be wondering what movies are coming out this year to enjoy. 2019 was an interesting year for movies and 2020 seems to be no different. 

Birds of Prety (And The Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn)

I’m a big fan of Harley Quinn, so this a movie that’s definitely on my list. Set in the same universe as Suicide Squad, this movie follows Harley Quinn, Black Canary, and Catwoman on Harley Quinn’s adventure to find herself. It comes out on February 7, 2020.

To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before: P.S. I Still Love You

The sequel to the very well-received film, To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before, is one that I’m looking forward to. I’ve read Jenny Han’s first two books of this series – i.e., the one that is a movie and the one that will be released later this year – but I have not read the third. However, I enjoyed both books immensely, as well as the first film, so I fully expect to enjoy this one as well. This movie releases on February 12, 2020.

A Quiet Place Part II

A Quiet Place was all the talk when it came out in 2018 – it was John Kravinsky and Emily Blunt’s movie. Moviegoers sat quietly in the theater, silent as a mouse, terrified to make a sound. This is a sequel to that movie, likely taking place directly after the first. I loved the first movie and I can’t wait for the sequel.

In The Heights 

In The Heights is based on the original Broadway musical of the same name, created by Lin-Manuel Miranda. I am very much excited about this movie as I was a huge fan of Miranda’s other notable work – Hamilton – as well as being just a big fan of musicals in general. This movie comes out on June 26, 2020. 

Wonder Woman 1984

Now, another sequel, however, this one is to Wonder Woman, which came out in 2017. I thoroughly enjoyed the first one and have high hopes for the sequel. The story is set this time in 1984, rather than during World War I, like the first one. This movies releases on June 5, 2020

I hope this got you excited about movies coming out this year! I did my best to include all the ones I’m personally excited for but I’m sure there’s one I missed. Which movie are you excited about this year? Comment down below!

Hello, my name is Isabella and I am a 22-year-old senior. I'm a psychology major and women & gender studies and writing minor. I have an intense love for cats, social justice, feminism, and fandom life [name a fandom, I'm probably in it]. I'm a huge book nerd as well as a huge just, regular, nerd. You can find me sitting in my bed typing an article, procrastinating homework, or watching YouTube.