Style

Finals Fashion: Outfits for Every Personality

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CNU chapter.

Finals are just around the corner, and the stress is real. Soon, every day will be spent hiding in the library doing an equal mixture of crying, studying, and stress eating. With all this stress, no one even has time to think about what to wear during finals. Yet, what you wear during final exams can make a big impact on the way you feel. Here, I’ve come up with different finals outfits for every kind of person:

The Hipster

For hipsters, finals are all about comfort, but it’s important to look cool, too. The best hipster outfit for finals constitutes: boyfriend jeans, a plain tee, and a flannel. Swap boyfriend jeans for overalls if that’s more your style. Either way, you’re sure to look and feel good.

The Athlete

Preppy is not your thing, especially not during finals time. You basically live in sports gear, so stick with it during exams! The best sporty finals outfit: baseball cap, running leggings, sneakers, and a loose-fitting, plain top. Too hot for leggings? Opt for gym shorts instead!

The Go-Getter

If you’re the kind of person whose motto is ‘look great, feel great,’ then you’re in the right place. To dress for success during finals, go for cozy business casual. Wear a sweater, chinos, and flats for the perfect mixture of comfort and business. If sweaters aren’t your jam, loose button-downs work great too.

The Chic Hobo

Some people have two looks: cute and homeless. For finals, put the two together! An excellent chic hobo outfit: jogger sweats, a flowy tank top, and sandals. If it’s too cold for a tank and sandals, then a henley and tennis shoes will look just as nice.

The Fashionista

Did you buy harem pants when they were in? If so, you’re probably a fashionista. For finals, don’t sacrifice style for comfort. The perfect fashionista outfit: romper, cardigan, and strappy sandals. Wear a long romper (lomper?) if the weather isn’t quite nice enough to show some leg.

The French Girl

Ah, the effortlessly cool girl. You probably only stumbled across this article by accident, right? For the ever-classic French girl, the best finals outfit consists of a black turtleneck, booties, and medium-wash skinny jeans. If it’s cool, don a trench coat. If it’s warm, swap the sweater for a chambray shirt.

Whether you follow the motto ‘dress for success‘ or not, we wish you luck on finals!

Adelaide is a senior at CNU pursuing a BA in English w/ an emphasis in writing. After graduation, she plans to become an Editorial Assistant in Manhattan. In her free time, Adelaide loves reading books, playing with her two wonderful cats, and spending time with her grandpa.