Wellness

Crystal Healing: Which Healing Crystal Should You Carry Based On Your Zodiac Sign?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CNU chapter.

Healing crystals have long been associated with zodiac signs. There are many crystals associated with the different zodiac signs, but here is a simple list of some crystals that work well with each sign and balance out personality traits.

Aries

Bloodstone – Balances the mind and helps one make rational decisions instead of acting on impulse.

Photo Courtesy of Wikimedia

Taurus

Sapphire – Having sapphire around helps one open up to others and promotes communication.

Jade – Jade is a great stone for Taurus because it increases trustworthiness.

Photo Courtesy of Wikimedia

Gemini

Red Fire Quartz – Promotes understanding and keeps negative energies away.

Agate – Promotes self-confidence. It is also good for decreasing the desires of materialistic things we don’t need, and helps those who are having problems committing to things such as jobs and relationships.

Photo Courtesy of Wikimedia

Cancer

Emerald – Emerald is great for Cancers because it helps balance emotions.

Citrine – Promotes understanding and smooths problems within relationships.

Photo Courtesy of Pixabay

Leo

Zircon –Subdues and balances feelings of arrogance and over-confidence.

Onyx – Helps balance the mind and helps one be level headed in conflict situations.

Photo Courtesy of Wikimedia

Virgo

Carnelian – Promotes confidence and drives ambition and determination.

Amazonite – This stone is great to carry around to relieve anxiety and worries.

Photo Courtesy of Flickr

Libra

Aventurine – Great for building confidence, reducing stress, and bringing good luck.

Photo Courtesy of Pixabay

Scorpio

Rose Quartz – Relieves feelings of jealous and helps one open their heart to compassion and understanding.

Aquamarine – Helps relieve feelings of resentment or anger, and calms the mind.

Photo Courtesy of NeedPix

Sagittarius

Turquoise– Helps against hysteria and over-reacting to situations, and balances overall mood.

Topaz – Great for uncovering illusions and seeing things as they really are.

Photo Courtesy of Wikimedia

Capricorn

Obsidian – Shields against negative energies. It also aids with self-acceptance and helps one to move on and let go of grudges.

Ruby – Promotes feelings of love and passion, allowing one to open the heart and deepen the connection of relationships.

Photo Courtesy of Flickr

Aquarius

Opal – Helps one become more positive, loving, and understanding.

Garnet – Increases positivity and self-esteem, and helps one let go of negative behavior patterns.

Photo Courtesy of Flickr

Pisces

Amethyst – Relieves stress and promotes wisdom and greater understanding.

Fluorite – Increases creativity, focus, and organization.  

Photo Courtesy of Pixabay

Although these crystals listed are associated with certain zodiac signs based on the sign’s personality, they can be used by anyone who may be in need of their healing energy. 

Nina is a senior at Christopher Newport University pursuing her BA in English with a concentration in writing. She has a passion for writing and helping others as much as she can, and hopes to work for an organization that will help make a difference in people's lives. In her free time, Nina enjoys reading, spending time with family and friends, and taking long naps.