This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CNU chapter.

Hello, everyone! I hope you are having a wonderful January. Today I would like to talk about coffee–a beverage near and dear to most hearts but not mine until a few months ago (although I don’t drink it that often.) I have created a new series called “Coffee Vibes” that will take you on my journey to finding a coffee that I like. So here is Coffee Vibes: Roasts:

There are 4 different types of coffee roasts.These types of roast range from sweet to bitter:

Light Roast: Light coffee beans for mild coffee. If you like light, fragrant, floral coffee then light roast is for you. 

Medium Roast: The most common roast, a medium brown coffee. If you have been trying your mom’s coffee then it is most likely medium roast.

Medium-Dark Roast: Rich, dark brown coffee beans create a bittersweet aftertaste. If this describes your ideal taste then medium-dark roast if for you. 

Dark Roast: Dark roast coffee beans create a black and bitter coffee. Dark roast includes a heavy mouthful and a strong flavor. 

After reading and understanding the different roasts, I realized I have been trying medium roast from my mom and it was never for me. I took a chance and ordered a couple different light roast k-cups and was delightful surprised that I like them. Light Roast for the win. 

I hope you enjoyed a little snip-bit about the different coffee roast. Until next time!

Hi everyone my name is Nicole and I am a senior at CNU. I am majoring in psychology and am currently applying to graduate school to become a licensed counselor. I currently enjoy watching American Horror Story with my roommates and reading.