person taking photo of pants and shoes
person taking photo of pants and shoes
SHTTEFAN/Unsplash

Campus Celebrity: Will Burch

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CNU chapter.

Will Burch is a familiar name to many across campus and with good reason. He’s a freshman at CNU majoring in Business Marketing and minoring in Studio Art with a concentration in Digital Photography. When Will’s not in class, you can find him taking photos for The Captain’s Log, playing volleyball for the men’s club team, or playing intramural basketball. 

Tell me about how you became involved with photography: “I took a film class my sophomore year of high school and enjoyed it enough to continue into junior year. By senior year, my parents knew it was becoming more than a hobby and bought me my first camera (Nikon D5200) and it just went on from there.”

Are you taking photography here at CNU?: “Unfortunately, I am not. It had completely filled up by the time I began registration. I certainly intend to in the future though.”

What is your favorite thing to photograph?: “I don’t have a favorite; when I see something I like I take a picture. However, my favorite type of photography is digital long-exposure.”

Where do you see yourself after graduation?: “Well, I chose Business Marketing as my major because I can implement photography into that profession and a lot of times it’s more stable than a job as a photographer. My dream job would be to be a photographer for National Geographic, though.”

If you would like to see more of Will’s work, check out Will’s Instagram at @wkburch – you won’t regret it.

Kaylie Deshler is an 18-year-old freshman at Christopher Newport University majoring in Business Marketing with a double minor in English and Communications. A Maryland girl, born and bred, Kaylie hopes to one day go into Advertising and PR. When she's not writing for HerCampus you can find her on the pitch for CNU's Varsity Women's Soccer team. Her hobbies include working on her families vineyard, eating obsessive amounts of food, and binge watching How I Met Your Mother. She can quote almost every episode of Parks and Rec and can talk about soccer ad nauseam.