Campus Celebrity: Humans of CNU’s Chris Shea

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CNU chapter.

Name: Chris Shea

Year: Junior

Major: Studio Art

Relationship: In a relationship

Hometown: Warrenton

Celebrity Crush: Allison Brie of “Mad Men” and “Community”

How did you get into Humans of CNU (HOCNU)?: “I saw that the page was inactive so I messaged the page and asked If I could take over and they made me an admin.”

Have you seen Humans of New York (HONY)?: “Yeah, of course! That’s what I modeled it off of.”

Do you have a favorite HONY post?: “Yeah, I have a picture of it actually!”

Do you have a favourite HOCNU post?: “Yeah, it’s probably Tylor. We had a really good conversation, which is the point.”

Why do you feel that HOCNU is important to our campus?: “It’s important because it’s like a concise meeting to get to know the many different people on our campus. There are all kinds of people on campus whose viewpoints deserve to be shared.”

Is there someone on campus who you’re dying to meet?: “President Trible for sure… and Dr. E, the head of the Art department… Ms. Linda and Ms. Virginia and Mr. Greg and Leandro from Commons!”

Do you have a background in photography?: “I started taking pictures about a year ago. It was something that clicked. I thought that illustration was going to be my focus in studio art but photography turned out to be it.”

Last question, and this is very important… what is your spirit animal and why?: “The wolf because it is the call of the wild in animal form.”

UPDATE: Less than six hours after I interviewed Chris, look who he got to interview!

Mikayla is currently a sophomore at Christopher Newport University where she has yet to decided whether to Major in Sociology or Studio Art. While at school, she enjoys spending time with her friends, painting, and creating way too many melted crayon projects. When she is at home, she loves watching Frozen on repeat with her little sisters. Although she has yet to study abroad, Mikayla desires to go anywhere and everywhere in the world.