This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CNU chapter.

Name: Ben Salvail

Major: Marketing and Finance

Age: 21

Year: Senior

Hometown: Herndon, VA

Relationship Status: Single

Campus Involvement: “I’m a Resident Assistant in Rappahannock River Hall and I’m also a WyldLife Leader. WyldLife is pretty much the middle school sector of Young Life. So we have weekly meetings here and then club at the schools. The kids always have really high energy so we have to have our A-Game on every time we go out there.”

Community Involvement: “Last year I helped out with the Hampton Roads Academy Varsity Basketball Team. I basically just did whatever the coaches needed during practices and games. My job was to pretty much just make sure everything ran smoothly for the coaches and the players. It ended up being really time consuming because they were a private school so their away games could be really far.”

Professor crush:

“Oh, absolutely, Sherry Shuck-Hall. I had her at 8 a.m. my first semester as a freshman. And she was always dressed to impress, and she was extremely nice, too, which helped as well. She was a very, very nice lady.”

Best Joke:

“My best joke… The U.S. Government.”

Best pick-up line:

“It’s not really that inappropriate… So you meet a girl wherever, social setting, I go up to her and say ‘Do you prefer blueberry or chocolate chip pancakes?’ And then the girl says ‘Chocolate chip, why?’ And then I will proceed to say, ‘I just need to know what to make you in the morning sweetheart.'”

Best concert you’ve ever been to?

“Oh, no question, Sammy Adams. Last December a bunch of friends were going to go, but couldn’t because of conflicting schedules. So I ended up going by myself and I met a ton of people and made new friends and had a great time!”

Most Awkward Moment:

“Probably freshman year waking up for class like two minutes before it started and I had to run to class. I learned that running to class is a very freshman move and you look like an idiot doing it.”

Guilty Pleasure:

“Well Netflix, obviously. But that’s everyone’s… So I’ll say YouTube. I watch a ton of informational videos on YouTube about random things.”

If you had to choose one, which Disney Princess would you be and why?

“Oh my gosh. That’s hard. There’s like Cinderella, right? She was the one with the shoe situation right?” [Takes a moment to Google search Disney princesses.] “Oh, I didn’t know she was a princess, what’s her name, Mulan? She’s a princess? Oh, this is tough. I’m remembering them now. Okay, I’m changing from Cinderella to Pocahontas. She was a vital individual for her and her colonial settlement.”

What would your perfect date be?

“Hmmm… Something simple. Probably a walk on the beach. I love a good sunset, as cliché as that sounds. Then go out to dinner, some fine dining would be nice. And then hopefully the beach would be close to a city so we could go a show. Nothing too elaborate. Simplicity is key.”

Secret Talent:

“Oh my. That’s a tough one because I don’t know how to distinguish what I think is a talent and what isn’t. I guess not many people know that I paint modern art. I really enjoy that. Like pop art stuff.”

CNU '17, Gamma Phi Beta Sorority, Trebled Youth A Cappella, Taylor Swift and Mary-Kate Hovanic are my Spirit Animals, 'Merica