This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CNU chapter.

The healthy tree leaves are slowly transforming colors and the crisp breeze is sweeping through town. Fall is fully in effect, which means the bucket list for the homey season needs to be checked off by embarking on fall-themed adventures. The girls at HerCampus detail their perfect Autumn day and what activities they annually partake in for maximum fun in the Fall.

movie marathon

Cinema-lover Zoe grabs the remote to binge watch comfort movies! “My favorite fall activity is watching Halloween movies. I love nothing more that cuddling up with a hot chocolate and finding some scary things to watch.”

Nature walks

Outdoorsy gal Chaeli basks in the fresh air to cherish the Fall months. “I love nature walking when it’s cold outside and looking at all the pretty trees. It is so mesmerizing looking at them in the middle of changing colors.”

Cozy Reading Sesh

Allison reverts to her natural tendency of loving to read during the Autumn weekends. “My favorite fall activity is to open up all the windows in my room, put on my comfiest clothes, and read a good book while listening to the wind rustle the leaves outside and smelling the cool, crisp air. It puts me in such an amazing mood, I wish I could do it all the time.”

bake night

Gabby breaks out her cooking skills to warm up in the chilly season. “I can’t pick just one- my favorite fall activities are going to a pumpkin patch with friends, having a Halloween movie night, making spooky themed cookies, and drinking fun fall drinks.”

Leaf frollic

For Abigail, the Autumn weather brings a sense of magical nostalgia from her childhood. “Growing up when I took the bus to school, I always loved walking back home when it was fall because all of the leaves in my neighborhood would turn into a different color and it would look so beautiful. I would play a game of catching the leaves falling from the trees when it got windy, and if I caught one a wish would come true and if I didn’t, the wish wouldn’t come true.”

Interior Designing

Crafty Brooke gets creative with her decorating to commence the Fall season. “The last lagging months of every year bring a special opportunity to revamp your living space to represent the season. In October, I indulge in all the Halloween spooky decorations, like dangling bats, glowing pumpkins, or ghastly cat decals. In November, the décor turns to muted beige colors and comfy throw blankets to celebrate Thanksgiving.”

21 yr old Virgo writer at Christopher Newport University. Big feminist. Coffee ice cream enthusiast. Communication Major.
Abigail Lee is a Junior at Christopher Newport University. She is a Communications Major and a Writing Minor. Her hobbies include cooking, playing the ukulele and longboarding. Her favorite show is Avatar the Last Airbender and her favorite movie is the Parent Trap(the one with Lindsey Lohan :)) .
Allison is a Junior at Christopher Newport University, studying Psychology and Leadership Studies. She enjoys reading, writing poetry, and listening to Alt Rock music. Find her on insta @allibryan
Marvel. Hot Sauce. Club Sports. Chaeli is a first-gen college kid looking to find her voice on campus. She is a double major in Criminology and Anthropology in the Class of '25 at Christopher Newport University. She is hoping to explore more of the criminal justice field in law school or become an then eventually become an anthropologist full time.
Gabby is a senior at Christopher Newport University and is double majoring in Spanish and Global Studies, with a minor in Business Administration. Some of her favorite things to do in her free time are reading, spending time at the beach, and taking photos of literally everything.
Zoe is a Psychology major with a Writing minor. She enjoys learning about human development, especially when it comes to child development. Zoe loves writing in her free time and creating stories. She wants to eventually be a Child Therapist/Psychologist and write on the side.