free to use sounds kOuCX7fh50U unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
free to use sounds kOuCX7fh50U unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

5 Easy Ways to Make Pocket Change

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CNU chapter.

If you’re like me, you’ve been looking for an internship or a job. Maybe you already have one and are on a hiatus because of classes. Or, maybe you are short on cash for summer vacation. Here are five easy ways to make some small money on the side easily and quickly. 

1. Clean Out Your Closet

Photo Courtesy of Pexels

There are a ton of thrift or upsale stores that will buy your old clothes for money (if they’re in a decent condition). They usually prefer brand names, but that can range from Target to Calvin Klein. 

2. Clean Out Your Drawers 

Photo Courtesy of Pexels

Similar to #1, if you have old video games or items that are semi-valuable, you can pawn them for quick cash. Personally, I’m pretty lazy and skeptical of most places, so I sent most of my old things to Amazon. Your things can range from electronics to old textbooks to collectibles. You list what you want to give them on an application and they send you a packing sticker for your items. The only downsides to doing this online are that you have to have a box that you can ship the items in and the money you earn is applied to your Amazon account as a gift card. In other words, if you use services like Amazon, you can only use the money you earn on Amazon.

3. Online Surveys

Photo Courtesy of Pexels

Personally, I haven’t had a lot of experience using these services, but my friend doesit regularly. There are online sites that put out surveys for your opinion as a young consumer. Be forewarned: each survey can take anywhere from a couple minutes to fifteen minutes for minimal pay. Minimal, as in you get paid in cents rather than dollars. It’s a good way to earn cash between classes, though. 

4. Look For A Sponsor

Photo Courtesy of Pexels

If you have a strong social media presence, you can become a spokesperson for a product. Applications are relatively simple to fill out and usually require that you post about the product a couple of times a month. Instagram is the typical location for these kinds of endorsements. Fields can range from beauty to health and everything in between. 

5. Work Online

Photo Courtesy of Pexels

A lot of websites exist for tutors, whether English, Math, or Science. You can find jobs where you tutor from the comfort of your own dorm room and where you decide your own hours. Typically, these websites conduct a Skype interview in order to make sure you’re legit. Just make your bed and have your torso business professional, and you’re good to go!

What kinds of things do you do to earn some extra cash?  

VXS Gymwear brand representative. (Discount Code: STEPH10VXS) Student. Weight lifter. Runner. Always moving. Personal trainer in training. Vegan. Instagram: running_is_happiness Snapchat:stuffystephano