toa heftiba ZWKNDOjwito unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
toa heftiba ZWKNDOjwito unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Style

5 Cheap and Easy Halloween Costumes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CNU chapter.

If you’re like me, holidays tend to sneak up on you – and while you’re reading this you may or may not be having an existential crisis over what costume you’ll pull off to begin the halloween festivities. Lucky for you, I’ve compiled a list of the five cheapest, easiest, and relatively fastest costumes I could come up with.

Devil

Okay, so I promised you cheap and easy costumes, not original ones. A devil costume is one of these most simple costumes to put together: grab a red tube top or tee shirt for around $10 and a set of these super cute $8 devil horns from amazon and you’re guaranteed to be hot as Hell pulling up to the party. 

Cat

If you liked the devil idea, but it was a little too spicy for you, check out these $8 cat ears in a similar style to the devil horns. Pair with that cute black tee in your closet, your favorite black ripped jeans, and an old black eyeliner pencil for whiskers and you’ll look purrfect!

Frat Boy

Got a pair of slides, some crew socks, khakis, and a button down? Then you’ve got the costume. Slip on a backwards facing Old Row hat or practically anything from your little brother’s closet, and you’ve likely got the makings of a Frat Boy Fit. Don’t forget to snag a red solo cup and a pair of aviators to make you the coolest guy at the party!

Strawberry

Michael’s is the go to for those crafty-Gildan brand tee shirts that all the moms love to stockpile on their 3/$9 sale, so maybe it’s time to heed your mom’s advice and take her to the craft store. Grab a cheap-o red tee shirt, a square of yellow felt and two more squares of green felt, some hot glue, and a pair of scissors, and you’ve got a strawberry costume in 45 minutes or less. Bonus points if you can get a friend to dress up like a pineapple with you!

Hippie

At the aforementioned craft supply store, grab some big white tee shirts, a tie dye pack, and some silk flowers to begin your hippie transformation. Tie dye the tee shirt, hot glue the silk flowers to an old headband, and pair with a pair of trendy round sunglasses for the ultimate hippie transformation!

Happy hauntings and good luck on the last minute halloween costume acquisitions! If all else fails going as a tired, grumpy, college student is always terrifying!

likes: writing dislikes: 8am classes