This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CNU chapter.

I recently realized that I listen to a lot more male artists/bands than females. That’s not necessarily a bad thing, but I really wanted to show some support and incorporate more female artists into my music. I decided it would be good to spread the love, so here are some of my latest favorite female albums that you should listen to!!

Collection by Soccer Mommy

I have been absolutely obsessed with Soccer Mommy lately. Collection is a shorter album, the whole thing can be listened to in a half hour. Then it can be listened to again, and again. Basically you can listen to the whole thing four times in two hours… which may or may not be what I did when I first heard it. It’s just so GOOD. My favorite songs are definitely death by chocolate and 3 AM at a party. Two very different songs, both so damn amazing.

Heard It In A Past Life by Maggie Rogers

Maggie Rogers is my witchy queen. I love her so much I literally want to be her. I’ve been making a lot of playlists for other people lately, and every single time I’m like “I have to put Maggie Rogers on this playlist.. But what song?” and I end up putting 5-7 of her songs on the playlists because I just can’t choose which one captures her the best/which ones are my favorites. I know for sure my favorite song from this album though is Say It (closely followed by the other 11 songs on the album, cause they’re just that good). Say It is an absolute bop and I get so into it, especially when I’m driving. Maggie Rogers is incredible and I recommend following her on social media cause she’s so damn cute AND cool.

Antisocialites by Alvvays

Alvvays is a band with a female lead vocalist, and they’re overall vibe is just so soothing. Not my Baby is one of my favorite songs off of this album, and honestly one of my favorite songs ever. I listened to it on repeat for weeks in the Summer, and it’s a really good one to just drive around listening to with the windows down.

Golden Hour by Kacey Musgraves

Everytime I think of Kacey Musgraves I hear the youtuber Enjajaja in my head saying “siri, play Kacey Musgraves” in a country accent from one of her driving videos and I cannot stop laughing. But really, siri PLEASE play Kacey Musgraves. Kacey Musgraves is so cute and so talented, I saw her open for Harry Styles when I saw him in DC last Summer and I wish I had appreciated her back then like I do now. But lately she has been gaining so much popularity, I see so much about her on twitter (like the video of the Bratz dolls dancing to her songs). I like her because she’s one of those artists that everyone likes, even though she is apart of a genre that not necessarily everyone enjoys: country music. But she is country and catchy. High Horse is my favorite song by her, it has a good message AND a good beat. Definitely recommend.

Just Give In / Never Going Home by Hazel English

Last but definitely not least, Hazel English. Like Alvvays, Hazel English is so soothing. All of her songs are very similar, but they’re all so great. She’s one of my go to artists when I’m doing homework or journalling because her songs are so comforting and relaxing and not distracting (from the homework). My favorite songs are Never Going Home (good for driving) and I’m Fine. I’m Fine sounded like a song that would be in Stranger Things to me for some reason, but that was part of the reason I loved it. The instrumentals in it are soooo good.

Reader. Writer. Student. Friend.