Wellness

3 Ways I Stay Motivated During Spring Semester

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CNU chapter.

It’s cold out, the academic buildings seem so far away (even in a puffy coat), and you’re past syllabus week. It’s the worst combination of traits for staying motivated in your classes, I know. So, here are some tips to help you keep your head up when the winter wind keeps pushing it down!

Find a buddy in the class

It’s inevitable. It’s sickness season. You will probably miss a class or two because you’re hacking up a lung or sneezing so much you look like Rudolph. Finding a buddy in the class is super important so that you have someone to fill you in on what you missed, but also, they make the class more fun! It’s hard to stay motivated in an 8 am about something you don’t care about, but you find another girl who dreads the class as much as you do? Boom! Instant friend, and instant seat buddy to look forward to sitting next to as you walk to that class!

Keep up the homework

Yeah, I know, it sucks. But staying ahead of the game and doing your homework a little in advance every day will make going to class one heck of a lot easier. When you’re prepared and you feel ready for class because you have the homework done, you’ll understand it better and be able to ask questions that will help you out when you don’t know exactly what’s going on!

Chill in the Lib

I basically live in the Trib Lib, you can find me there almost any night of the week that I’m not in other meetings. If your roommate’s loud, or your room just isn’t a productive space for you, try out the library! It’s great, the longer you stay, the more comfortable you are, and plus a hot creamy cup of coffee is waiting for you right downstairs in Einstein’s! Bring a buddy (maybe that class buddy…) and grab a table in the Rosemary reading room and get ready to get stuff done (and walk around to have some brain breaks, too!)

Here’s to a new semester and getting stuff done! You got it! 

likes: writing dislikes: 8am classes