The 19 Stages of Class Registration As Told By “The Office”

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CNU chapter.

1. You look through all the class options, write down your preferences, and plan out the perfect schedule.

2. Now all you have to do is wait.

3. You check up on all your classes every day to see what the seat count looks like…

4. And you have to sit and watch the number get lower and lower while you can’t do anything about it!!

5. You realize that you’re probably not going to get a seat because of how popular the class is…

6. So you desperately ask one of your friends with an earlier time to reserve a seat. Thankfully, they agree to help you out which leaves you like…

7. But then that class has a pre-req and they can’t register for it which makes you feel like…

8. Finally, it’s your day to register. You get to the nearest computer as quickly as you can.

9. And, of course, TODAY is the day your computer decides to work SO SLOW.

10. You type in your class numbers and press the “enter” button…

11. The page reloads and it looks like you got all of your classes!

12. But then you scroll down and realize one you really needed already filled up…

13. You start to panic and you think that you’ll have to redo your whole schedule.

14. And you look back at the perfect schedule you made and think about what could have been…

15. Meanwhile you have to listen to your roommates talk about how they got all the classes they wanted and how it all worked out perfectly for them.

16. You remember you can ask for overrides and go to the Dean like…

17. And the college gods must be feeling merciful because the Dean decides to give you one.

18. So you get put in the class and everything’s all worked out…

19. And then you realize just how much you’re going to have to pay for books next semester…

Clare is currently a senior at Christopher Newport University where she is majoring in English and minoring in Women's & Gender Studies. She is a member of the English honor society Sigma Tau Delta and one of the current editors for CNU's Her Campus branch. When not trying to catch up on reading for her classes, she enjoys watching "Say Yes to the Dress" and quoting Disney movies in everyday conversation. She is a fan of all things pizza-related and hopes to one day move to New York City and become an editor.