11 Steps to Successful Library Procrastination

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CNU chapter.

1. You drag yourself out of bed in an attempt to be productive and make your way across campus to the Trib Lib.

2. You spend 15 minutes trying to find the perfect spot near an outlet.

3. You sit down, get out your laptop, and decide you want coffee from Einstein’s before you start working. Little did you realize everyone you know is there and you absolutely need to talk to all of them.

4. 40 minutes, a Venti coffee, and a bagel sandwich later, you manage to get back to your spot.

5. You decide to start working in approximately an hour, and eventually start scrolling through Pinterest/Tumblr/Facebook to kill the remaining 45 minutes.

6. Someone on your newsfeed posts something cute and you find yourself trying not to cry over proposal videos on YouTube 20 minutes later.

7. You send a funny snapchat or two, then finally manage to pull up your assignments on Scholar.

8. But you just have to find the perfect Spotify playlist to help you work! 

9. You get your music set up, organize your planner, and finally get your notes out of your bag.

10. You realize you brought books for your T/R classes, not the MWF classes that you’re currently trying to study for.

11. You decide it’s useless, pack up, and go take a nap. 

Caitlin is a junior studying comm + theater at CNU and loving every minute of it! She's a proud coffee addict, Francophile, Newport Pearl, and former Oxfordian. Check out her blog at apearlonapath.tumblr.com or follow her on Twitter @caitlinraybourn!
Lee Martin is a 20-year-old junior at Christopher Newport University majoring in Communication Studies with minors in Leadership and Women's & Gender Studies. She co-founded CNU's chapter of Her Campus and currently serves as Co-Campus Correspondent/Editor-in Chief, as well as a Chapter Advisor to five other campuses. As a journalist, she has written for The Oyster Pointer, The Winchester Star, and worked with National Student Leadership Conference's Journalism, Film & Media Arts program. When not writing, you can find her binging on chocolate and coffee while laughing at Parks and Rec or The Office. If you must read her silly musings, follow her on Twitter at @loveleeforlife