10 Quotes To Inspire You if You Were Disappointed by the Presidential Election Results

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CNU chapter.

Disclaimer: Her Campus CNU did not support any particular candidate throughout the presidential race. The content of this article does not reflect the views, thoughts, and beliefs of HC CNU as a whole; we encourage our writers to express their thoughts and opinions through Her Campus as a medium. 

Feel free to scroll past this if you were pleased with the results. However, if you feel you need some words of encouragement, I find these words to be powerful. Even if you were pleased with the results, there is something in here for everyone. It’s all about unity. 

1. “We must accept finite disappointment, but we must never lose infinite hope.” ~MLK

In a time of adversity, hope is so so important. 

2. “Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light” ~Albus Dumbledore

Listen to Dumbledore, y’all.

3.  “And love is love is love is love is love is love is love is love, cannot be killed or swept aside.” ~Lin-Manuel Miranda

A powerful message after the Orlando shooting, one that we must remember when we feel hate is winning.

4. “No matter what anybody tells you, words and ideas can change the world.” ~Dead Poets Society

Don’t ever stay silent. Speak up. Speak out. 

5. “You have to do everything you can, you have to work your hardest, and if you do, if you stay positive, you have a shot at a silver lining.” ~Silver Linings Playbook

Try and stay positive! 

6. “You don’t just give up. You don’t just let things happen. You make a stand! You say no! You have the guts to do what’s right, even when everyone else just runs away.” ~Doctor Who

Make a stand. 

7. “Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.” ~Winston Churchill 

With many different people and viewpoints that are at odds with each other, listening becomes a valuable skill. 

8. ““You may say I’m a dreamer, but I’m not the only one. I hope someday you’ll join us. And the world will live as one.” ~John Lennon

Just imagine. 

9. “All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.” ~Gandalf

We have the power to use our time on this earth for good. Don’t waste it. 

10. “Alone we can do so little, together we can do so much.” ~Helen Keller

Better together. 

Sadie is a senior at Christopher Newport University with a major in Communication Studies and a double minor in English Literature and Theatre. Sadie is the Social Media Director and Instagram Admin. of the CNU chapter of HerCampus, the Vice President of Take Note a Cappella, the Treasurer of Phi Alpha Delta Pre-Law Fraternity, and Secretary of Lambda Pi Eta Communications Honor Society. Sadie enjoys singing, justice, Harry Potter, Netflix, rhetoric, hanging out with her Squad at home and her Clique at school, Mexican Food, and a good GIF.