This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CNU chapter.

Halloween is just around the corner, but some of us are also on a tight budget or just super busy. Here are a few last minute costumes that you can easily pull together using things you already have in your closet or lying around the house! These are all cheap and environmentally friendly.

1. Rosie the Riveter

Known today as a symbol of womens’ empowerment and solidarity, Rosie the Riveter is a cultural icon in the U.S. representing working women during WWII. Naomi Parker Fraley was the inspiration behind Rosie, when a photographer snapped a photo of her on the job working in a machine shop at the Naval Air Station in Alameda, CA. An easy way to represent this iconic feminist figure is a denim shirt, jeans, red bandana, and a hot red lip!

2. The Bachelorette

It’s no secret that reality television shows like The Bachelorette keep its audience on their toes with its hottest fashion, competition, drama, and the measures some people take in the search for love. All that’s needed is your best semi-formal or formal dress, paired with some heels and a bouquet of roses, because who knows, you might just meet someone tonight.

3. The Price is Right Contestant

I was always excited for the contestants who got called to “Come on down!” and just as equally frustrated when a contestant lost their bid by sometimes just a dollar. If you’re more of a homebody, throw a small gathering and pretend to be in a mock game show! Have you and your friends dress however they’d like as long as everyone has that memorable Price is Right yellow name tag and enthusiasm.

4. Quinley the Mouse from “If You Give a Mouse a Cookie”

A cute little mouse named Quinley meets a little boy named Oliver, and in the end, our sweet little mouse gets a ton of treats, ending with a cookie! What more is there to love? With a pair of denim overalls, hair buns (as ears, duh!) and a cookie in hand, and maybe a glass of milk, you’ll be set for a cozy night in.

5. M&M Character

I’m a big chocolate lover, and I feel a special type of nostalgia seeing those mini M&Ms in those poppable tubes that you’d see at the grocery checkout lines. So I thought, why not dress up as one for Halloween? All you need is a top in the following colors: orange, brown, red, yellow, green, or blue, paired with some leggings, white shoes and a white paper “M” cutout.

6. Morticia Addams

Iconic witch, wife of Gomez Addams, mother of Wednesday, Pugsley and Pubert Addams, mysterious and spooky, Morticia Addams is one of the most underrated female characters. She’s a sultry, soft spoken, and unapologetic badass woman. And her look is easily recreatable with a floor length black dress, smokey eye, red nails and lip. Don’t forget your trimmed roses!

7. Beanie Baby

There’s no way people won’t recognize you as the super nostalgic childhood memory when you’re dressed up as a beanie baby! All that’s needed is an animal print/tie dye top dressed up however you’d like. This requires a crafty hand, but for the “TY” tag protector, cut out a red heart, glue on a white cut-out of the letters “t” and “y” (comic sans, unfortunately), and paint or glue on a gold heart trim and you’ll be all set for the night!

8. Pantone Color Swatch

If you have a LOT of clothes all in one shade, dress up as a color swatch! Just add on a white cardstock to your torso that has another square cut out in the center and a Pantone label underneath.

9. 404 Error: Costume Not Found.

Sometimes desperate times call for desperate measures that can be easily solved with a plain white shirt and black marker for a super-duper lazy and last minute costume as the 404 Error Message!

10. Ghost

And if all else fails, just grab a white bedsheet, cut out two holes for your eyes, and you’re a ghost ready for a weekend haunting!

Bonus Costume: If you’d rather not cut holes in your bedsheet, wrap the sheet around your body, and now you’re ready for a toga party!

Happy Spooking!

Tiffany's a senior studying psychology with a double minor. On campus, she's a part of Student Honor Council and the Student Sustainability Commission. In her free time, she's usually trying new food places with friends, cooking, or hitting the gym! You can check her out on Instagram @tiffy_ni