10 Gifts for the Boss Woman In Your Life

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CNU chapter.

In today’s world, it’s more important than ever for us to celebrate the Boss Women we all know and love. But, sometimes it’s hard to find a gift for the woman who pretty much has it all. As a Boss Woman myself, I know this struggle first hand. So, I’ve compiled a list of some of the best gifts you can give the Boss Woman you’re trying to find something for this Christmas holiday. Check them out below!

Empowering Coffee Mug

Photo Courtesy of Target

Is this not the cutest? You can find mugs like this all over Target and Charming Charlie.

Planner

Photo Courtesy of May Designs

Boss Women always have their days planned. Check out Erin Condren, The Happy Planner, or even just a regular planner from Wal-mart — we can never have enough of them! (Bonus: some of us do bullet journaling, a customizable planning technique. It’s a little tedious, but Boss Women are great at managing their time well, so if you’re feeling adventurous, snag a bullet journal from Michael’s or Barnes & Noble)

Desk Nameplate

Photo Courtesy of BonMaxie on Etsy

All Boss Women either dream of having or already do have their own private office, complete with floor-to-ceiling windows, cozy chairs, bookcases, and a huge desk. What better to put on that desk than a nameplate that either has her name or something awesome like “Boss Woman”? Even if she doesn’t have her own desk, it’s great motivation to obtain one during the course of her career (which she definitely takes to heart).

A Bomb-ass Blazer

Photo Courtesy of Unsplash

Pro tip: everything is dressy when you add a blazer to it — but the Boss Woman in your life already knows that. It’s why she’s always in one every time you see her in action. They are some of the most versatile pieces of clothing out there. Boss Women live for blazers, so head to your closest Target, Nordstrom, or anywhere that sells business clothing and search for the perfect blazer for her!

A Wine Glass

Photo Courtesy of MCDesignsandMore on Etsy

Boss Women relax at night after a long day of changing the world and fighting the patriarchy by popping open a bottle of wine — why not get her a glass that speaks to her lifestyle? You can find these at Michael’s, Target, Wal-mart, and more. Some sites like Etsy even sell custom made ones, but get on it now so it ships to you in time!

A Ballcap

Photo Courtesy of Her Campus Shop

On our days off, most Boss Women make sure to dress as casual as possible, and this includes ballcaps. Something with an awesome tagline on the front (like the Her Campus Shop ballcap) is perfect for her.

Something from Ulta

Photo Courtesy of Tarte

Boss Women like to relax and pamper themselves — and we deserve it with all the groundbreaking stuff we do! Most of us love items like face masks, mascara, body scrubs, eyeliner, and more. (Pro tip: if you know she’s allergic to a lot of those ingredients, like I am, you can always ask her if she has a particular body product she uses!)

A Photo Collage

Photo Courtesy of Unsplash

This isn’t something most people think of, but Boss Women love experiences just as much as their careers. We also love the women in our squad, so a photo collage frame is a great choice for her to hang in her office or her room to remind her of all the good times she has. (Pro tip: if you have photos with her, fill the frame with them! You can even print out inspiring quotes and put them in the frame, too)

A Book

Photo Courtesy of Unsplash

Boss Women love to read. Each of us enjoy different types of reads, though, so I can’t recommend a specific book. If you don’t feel comfortable asking her what she likes to read, take a look around her house the next time you visit — there’s probably a few large hints there!

A Canvas with an Empowering Quote

Photo Courtesy of CocoLoveCreations on Etsy

Sometimes being a Boss Woman can be tough — we carry the weight of the world on our shoulders with juggling work, school, social life, staying healthy, relationships, etc. etc. Being given a canvas with an empowering quote, something that will remind us of why we do what we do and encourage us to keep pushing through, is perfect. (Pro tip: sometimes handmade gifts are the most valuable, so if you’re not too afraid, buy some Sharpie paint pens and get to painting your own canvas!)

Giving the Boss Woman in your life one of these gifts is sure to get you a huge smile and hug on Christmas Day. Have more gift ideas? Let us know in the comments!

You can categorize Royall as either Leslie Knope when she has her color-coded binders: or Hyde whenever Jackie comes into a room before they start dating: There is no in-between.  Royall recently graduated with her B.A. in Sociology & Anthropology from CNU and now studies Government & International Relations at Regent University. She also serves as the Victim Advocate and Community Outreach Coordinator for Isle of Wight Co., VA in Victim Witness Services. Within Her Campus, she served as a Chapter Writer for CNU for one year, a Campus Expansion Assistant for a semester, Campus Correspondent for two years, and is in the middle of her second semester as a Chapter Advisor.  You can find her in the corner of a subway-tiled coffee shop somewhere, investigating identity experiences of members of Black Greek Letter Organizations at Primarily White Institutions as well as public perceptions of migrants and refugees. Or fantasizing about ziplining arcoss the French Alps.