jakob owens B5sNgRtYPQ4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jakob owens B5sNgRtYPQ4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Zodiac Signs as Nostalgic Cartoons

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CMU chapter.

Remember that time you got sick, stayed home from school, and watched cartoons for seven hours straight? That was a great day, and those were great cartoons. Now that you’re older, it’s fun to look back and remember the colorful characters that filled your childhood—and perhaps wonder which show fits your zodiac sign.

Aries—Dexter’s Laboratory

Aries is an incredibly energetic sign. People born under this sign are continuously looking for speed and competition, and they fight to achieve their goals or be in first place.

Likewise, Dexter’s Laboratory is an incredibly energetic show. The fast paced and fluid animation keeps you on the edge of your seat. The inventions in the show are always getting bigger and better as Dexter fights for intellectual supremacy. Above all, though, the show is bold, exploring weird plots that sometimes soar and sometimes fall flat, and it’s this boldness that Aries can respect.

Taurus—Arthur

Taurus is one of the most reliable signs of the zodiac. People born under this sign are stable and practical, while also being attuned to the benefits of physical pleasure.

If you’re a Taurus, then you might relate to show starring a lovable aardvark that looks nothing like an aardvark. Arthur has 21 seasons, over 200 episodes, and is still going strong; that’s the definition of reliable. Despite its long run, it still comes out with quality episodes that are both fun and educational. 

Gemini—Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy

Gemini is a highly variable and changing sign. People born under this sign have an ability to adapt which make them open, curious, and sociable. In short, they’re never boring.

The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy pairs darkness with humor, something that appeals to the double personalities of Geminis. It’s also filled with wacky antics; you never know what you’re going to get with an episode, just like you never know what to expect from a Gemini.

Cancer—Foster’s Home for Imaginary Friends

Cancer is a sensitive sign. People born under this sign are hard to get to know and don’t like sharing their personal life. However, deep down they are deeply sentimental and attached to their chosen friends and family. 

Foster’s Home for Imaginary Friends is filled with humor and wacky antics, but it has an emotional heart. Deep down, it’s all about friendships and chosen family, something that appeals to sentimental Cancers. If you can look past the silly character designs, that is.

Leo— Johnny Bravo

Leo is a dominating sign. People born under this sign are self-confident, natural born leaders, and might even dip into arrogance sometimes. Regardless, they have a knack for bringing people together and leading them towards a common goal.

You probably read the word arrogance and immediately knew what show was coming. But while Johnny Bravo is admittedly arrogant, his show is still fun, quirky, and confident, all traits that you Leos should be proud to be associated with.

Virgo—Hey Arnold

Virgo is a very meticulous sign. People born under this sign are detail-oriented and hardworking. They are also very tender and loyal, although their heart might sometimes not be accessible to the outside world.

Rejoice, Virgos, because you are associated with our beloved football head. Hey Arnold has some amazingly crafted episodes, earning it the label of detail-oriented. And despite the aggression and bluster from certain characters, it also has surprising moments of emotion and tenderness, which match your Virgo heart perfectly.

Libra— Courage the Cowardly Dog 

Libra is a peaceful and cooperative sign. People born under this sign prioritize relationships with other people and always try to avoid conflict. They try to pursue justice and equality, but they sometimes might let their values be overridden by other people’s opinions.

While the titular character of Courage the Cowardly Dog does try to avoid conflict, he always finds himself in trouble anyway. Still, he lets his love for Muriel carry him through adversity. He’s meek, and can sometimes be overridden by powerful personalities, but his goals and motives always remain pure and peaceful.

Scorpio—Codename: Kid’s Next Door Scorpio is a very assertive sign. People born under this sign are determined, resourceful, and occasionally secretive. Although they’re loyal to their close friends, they are also independent and perfectly suited to being on their own.

Scorpios, your cartoon match is Codename: Kid’s Next door. The operatives are definitely determined and resourceful; they have to be in order to fight off adult tyranny. They can be secretive as well, going on undercover missions or hiding their organization from the world. These kids are also independent—maybe more than most college students—but they still depend on each other and have deep feelings of affection and loyalty.

Sagittarius—Ed, Edd, and Eddy

Sagittarius is a traveler sign. People born under this sign value their freedom very highly. They are extroverted, enthusiastic, and oftentimes say what they mean, even if it isn’t diplomatic. 

If there’s one thing that defines Ed, Edd, and Eddy, it’s freedom. The Eds are free from parents, rules, and often the laws of physics. They’re also extroverted and enthusiastic, constantly pulling the neighborhood kids into their antics. And they definitely say what they mean, even if might not make sense. (Looking at you, Ed.)

Capricorn— Kim Possible

Capricorn is a responsible sign. People born under this sign can be rather serious at times, both in their professional and personal lives. They value tradition, self-control, realistic plans, and learning from their mistakes.

The titular Kim Possible is perhaps the most responsible high school student in fiction. She manages to balance grades, a social life, extracurriculars and a side job fighting crime. She takes her duties seriously and exercises extreme control over herself and the situations she’s in. Yet she’s still a kid, and she makes mistakes; the important thing is that she learns from them.

Aquarius—Rugrats Aquarius is a progressive sign. People born under this sign see the world as one full of endless possibilities. They are eccentric, original, occasionally shy, and love helping others.

When it comes to a world of endless possibilities, no one is more starry-eyed than toddlers. The show Rugrats embraces the sheer potential of the world as well as the eccentric points of view unique to young children. Although the characters can be unsure of what to do at times, they always try to help others with an optimism that is both young and wise. 

Pisces— Powerpuff girls

Pisces is a gentle sign. People born under this sign are friendly, kind, and selfless. Their compassionate nature can make them overly trusting and overly forgiving, but they will always believe their tolerant nature is a strength.

For the main characters of the Powerpuff Girls, their tolerant nature isn’t their only strength—they also have superhuman strength, speed, and the ability to fly. Yet it’s what they do with their superpowers that elevate this show to its iconic status. Their kindness and care for the people around them is truly heroic, and Pisces should be proud to fight alongside them.

It’s great to know what cartoon fits my zodiac sign, but it was also fun just to take a trip down memory lane. Now excuse me, I have some cartoons I need to rewatch.

I'm a lover of writing, art and music. I'm always down for a chat, and love listening to people tell their stories.