photos by lanty zUU73lEdcBU unsplash
photos by lanty zUU73lEdcBU unsplash

What Interests You?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CMU chapter.

Everyone has something that interests them, whether it’s movies, music, sports, or any other passion. I’m here today to talk about the interests in mysteries, conspiracies, and horror stories. Halloween may be over, but these interests are here to stay. If you have an interest in this sort of thing, check out the channels I’ll have listed at the end of each section for videos on some of this stuff, or you can check out the Best Youtube Channels website and find some channels that interest you.

Mystery is a fascinating genre. So much of what we use for entertainment today can use this genre in their artwork. Mystery instills a sense of wonder and intrigue in all of us, we are curious to outcomes and it cultivates a fear of the unknown. This is a great interest to follow as it keeps your brain moving. Here are some channels that have some great content and if you’re interested you should definitely take a look:

Strange Mysteries → main focus in top _ mysteries

DorsetGhost Mysteries → mainly ghost mysteries and stories

Buzzfeed Unsolved → explores true crime and supernatural unsolved cases

Conspiracy Theories have always been around in some form or another. Rumours, gossip, theories are how we try to explain weird and unusual occurrences around us. There are plenty of people out in the world who research these for a living and present them to us to come to our own conclusions or just to marvel and get us thinking. Some theories are small, such as t.v show conspiracies, and some are large, such as theories about our very existence. If you love to theorize or just want to hear what people have to say about various topics check out some of these websites:

Shane Dawson → not just a conspiracy channel but has amazing content

Game Theory/Film Theory → both run by MatPat → explores game and films and what could be their secret meaning

Channel Frederator → explores mainly cartoon conspiracies → both debunking and proving fan theories

Last on my list to discuss are scary stories. Sometimes we just like having a good, not life-threatening, scare. Some people satisfy this urge by bungee jumping and mountain climbing. However, there is another way to satisfy this urge. Scary stories are a fun way to learn about how people think, learn some pretty good life lessons, and see some amazing art work. Many people on the internet write or draw for scary stories and many people have amazing artistic talent. If you like scary stories or want to see some amazing artwork, writing, or even voice acting, come check out these channels:

Jordan Persegati → draws artwork for many genres but mainly CreepyPasta while narrating stories for the art

Mr.Nightmare → scary story videos

Llama arts → makes animations on horror and other types of stories

David near → voice acting for many horror characters → their own representation

Be.Busta → mainly scary stories with real life events

Rob Dyke → also mainly scary stories with real life events

I hope you’ve enjoyed this and be sure to check out some of the channels and show your support.

I love dogs, and watching anime. I am a fangirl at heart and poetry is one of my passions.