What Every CMU Student Should Do Over Spring Break

Spring Break 2015 is so close we can almost taste it. Whether you are going home, visiting a tropical locale, or just staying on campus, Spring Break is a time for rest, relaxation, and fun. No matter how you decide to spend your break, make it a time to focus on you. Treat yo self because you absolutely deserve it. Lucky for you, Her Campus CMU is getting you started with a list of to-dos every CMU student should do over break. Make this your best Spring Break ever!

1. Treat yourself to your favorite guilty pleasure: Chipotle.

We were thrilled when we found the BOGO Chipotle coupons in our Spring Break Survival Kit. Chipotle is not only delicious, but it’s easy to grab and go when you’re having fun with your friends on Spring Break. Plus, they’ve committed to using organic ingredients; so eating there is a win-win-win.

2. Stock up on juicy Spring Break reads.

Whether you’re on the beach or on the couch, a good book can take you to another place. Plus, when else do you have time to actually read for fun? You won’t be able to put down Gallery Books’ Dirty Rush, a sorority tell-all. Simon & Schuster’s The Intern’s Handbook, a thrilling soon-to-be movie starring Dave Franco will keep you on your toes.

3. Don’t forget your sunglasses.

The HC sunglasses we got in our Survival Kit go perfectly with a bright bikini and a neon tank.

4. Drink a fruity drink or a healthy smoothie.

And keep your hands from freezing with an HC Koozie like the ones we got in our Survival Kit. Even if you’re at home for break, making yourself a yummy frozen drink in a blender will transport you to somewhere tropical.

5. Eat a healthy snack.

Whether you’re hangry, post-workout, or just want a yummy snack hanging out with your friends, Luna Bars are the perfect snack. Plus, they’re now gluten-free.

6. Give your hair some lovin’.

The samples of Not Your Mother’s Hair Care Clean Freak Purifying Shampoo and Conditioner from our Survival Kit are super healthy for your hair. They are sulfate, paraben, and dye free, plus they smell amazing. You’ll step out of the shower feeling super relaxed and ready to take on the day.

7. Get bikini ready.

No time to go to the salon during midterms week? The Completely Bare wax strips from our Survival Kit are just what you need to get bikini ready in a hurry. Just warm the strips in your hands, press, and pull.

8. Stay safe.

SABRE Campus Safety Pepper Gel + Buddy System = Safe Spring Break. This gel has no effect on bystanders and will keep you feeling safe wherever your travels take you.

Have an amazing Spring Break! HCXO!

I am a junior Materials Science and Engineering mjaor at Carnegie Mellon University, and I am also minoring in Professional Writing and Business. I am a member of Kappa Kappa Gamma.  I love TV and trying out new beauty products.  I follow E! on Twitter so that I can stay up-to-date on celebrity news.  I'm royal-obsessed, and I love Kate Middleton's style.  I'm kind of a Sephora addict, and I could easily spend hours there.  I also spend way too much time on Pinterest.  Finally, I love hockey and all Pittsburgh sports.