This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CMU chapter.

Last Friday marked the beginning of the Chinese New Year. Celebrate the year of the horse with this equestrian inspired outfit! According to chinesefortunecalendar.com, the horse is a symbol of travelling and speedy success. Even though your schedule will be busy, the horse is also treated as a Romantic Star in Chinese Horoscope, so be on the lookout for your next love!

The velvet texture of the blazer and a flashy gold bangle add eye-catching interest to the neutral colors of the outfit, and the lace on the button-up gives a feminine flair to an otherwise sophisticated look. You shouldn’t have to be loaded to have good style! Every item in the outfit is under $50, and the websites where they can be found for purchase are listed below.

Top: Turn Up the Lace Top – $24, modcloth.com

Bottoms: Beige Basic Skinny Pants -$31, tally-weijl.net

Shoes: Rampage Idera Riding Boots – $35, macys.com

Bag: ALDO Bione – $50, aldoshoes.com

Blazer: Merona Women’s Velvet Blazer – $25, target.com

Bracelet: FOREVER 21 Equestrian Cuff in Bronze – $5.80, forever21.com

I am a junior Materials Science and Engineering mjaor at Carnegie Mellon University, and I am also minoring in Professional Writing and Business. I am a member of Kappa Kappa Gamma.  I love TV and trying out new beauty products.  I follow E! on Twitter so that I can stay up-to-date on celebrity news.  I'm royal-obsessed, and I love Kate Middleton's style.  I'm kind of a Sephora addict, and I could easily spend hours there.  I also spend way too much time on Pinterest.  Finally, I love hockey and all Pittsburgh sports.