The Six Cutest Celebrity Cats

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CMU chapter.

Did you know that this Wednesday (October 29) was National Cat Day?  It’s a day to celebrate our cats and all the funny things they do, and it’s not just for cat ladies anymore. A lot of celebrities have been getting in on the cat-loving action. Here are just a few the most purr-fect celebrity cats:

1. Dr. Meredith Grey- Taylor Swift

Taylor Swift is the queen of twenty-something cat ladies, and her Instagram shows it. Dr. Meredith Grey, named after the Greys Anatomy character, was her first cat. Plus, she has her own twitter (@meredithkitty). She hasn’t been too happy since T. Swift adopted a second cat, Olivia Benson (see number 3).

2. Kitty- Kourtney Kardashian

Maybe not the most original of names, Kourtney’s Bengal cat is quite the Instagram star herself. She’s basically the queen of Kourtney and Scott’s house and another member of the family.

3. Olivia Benson- Taylor Swift

Olivia, named after the Law and Order character, is Taylor Swift’s latest addition. She’s tiny and adorable, and she’s been making quite a few public appearances with her Mom.

4. Moke- Nina Dobrev and Ian Somerhalder

The on-again-off-again couple had a cat together, Moke, which apparently Nina got custody of after they broke up. Not only does Nina have great style, but she has also joined the celeb cat lady club.

5. Lux and Max- James Franco

As if we needed another reason to love the actor. Smolder.

6. Graham- Ed Sheeran

Taylor Swift has been rubbing off on her friends. The singer adopted a cat of his own, Graham, and it’s super adorable.

Finally, enjoy this video of Taylor Swift and Ellen as cat ladies: http://www.ellentube.com/media/%27Kitty+Corner%27+with+Taylor+Swift+and+Ellen+DeGeneres/0_agxukytj

I am a junior Materials Science and Engineering mjaor at Carnegie Mellon University, and I am also minoring in Professional Writing and Business. I am a member of Kappa Kappa Gamma.  I love TV and trying out new beauty products.  I follow E! on Twitter so that I can stay up-to-date on celebrity news.  I'm royal-obsessed, and I love Kate Middleton's style.  I'm kind of a Sephora addict, and I could easily spend hours there.  I also spend way too much time on Pinterest.  Finally, I love hockey and all Pittsburgh sports.