Rose Color Guide: Different Rose Colors And Their Meanings

Roses are a universal gesture of love. It’s no wonder over 50 million roses are given during Valentine’s Day. Giving roses as a gift conveys a different message depending on the color. This Valentine’s Day, make sure you send the right color to your loved ones!

Red

The classic red rose, a symbol of love, romance, and passion. It is associated with beauty and perfection, and means “I love you.”

Pink

Pink roses represent grace and elegance. They show appreciation and admiration. Pale pink roses show gentleness and admiration while deep pink roses express gratitude.

Yellow

In Victorian times, yellow roses mean infidelity – by sending someone a bouquet of yellow roses, you were accusing them of unfaithfulness. However, now, yellow roses signify friendship and joy.

White

White roses are associated with purity, innocence, and new beginnings. The white rose is often used at weddings to symbolize pure love and hope for the future.

Cream

Cream roses represent thoughtfulness and charm. Send them to someone to let them know you are thinking of them.