sarah gualtieri 9CApNIkRXRI unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
sarah gualtieri 9CApNIkRXRI unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Light-hearted Halloween Movies and Activities to Consider

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CMU chapter.

With Halloween fast approaching, it is time to get into the Halloween spirit. Sometimes it is hard to find something to do for the holiday, so here are some of my favorite activities to set you on the path to a Halloween good time. I promise you they are not terrifying.

First up are classic Halloween movies:

Halloween Town

This is a movie following Marnie, who recently discovers that she is from a family of witches. But trouble lurks in Halloween town, where Halloween creatures can live normally. What is lurking behind the scenes?

Nightmare Before Christmas

This is both a Christmas and Halloween movie. The movie follows the Pumpkin King Jack Skellington as he tries to find what is missing in his life and break out of his boring, old routine. This Tim Burton classic will entertain adults and kids alike.

Hocus Pocus

Follow Max Denison, his sister Dani, and their friend Allison as they try to stop three ancient and evil witches from becoming immortal and continuing their hobby of feasting on the town’s children after accidentally unsealing them from their slumber.

The Adams Family

Come see this eccentric family as they go about their daily lives. But is their normal routine really normal? Maybe for them, but not for us…

Edward Scissor Hands

Another Tim Burton classic starring Johnny Depp, this movie follows Edward, the unfinished creation of a mad scientist. Come view this dark romantic comedy as Edward is given a taste of the real world and learns that people’s opinions can change very rapidly.

Here are some activities to also get you into the Halloween spirit:

Pumpkin carving/painting

Carve scary and funny faces into pumpkins to leave on your doorstep or just to have in your room. If carving is too messy, you can always paint a face or another design on it.

Baking cookies and pumpkin flavored goodies

Bake some pumpkin flavored goodies, like pumpkin pie or pumpkin apple muffins. Jump into the fall spirit with some delicious sugary treats.

I love dogs, and watching anime. I am a fangirl at heart and poetry is one of my passions.