Hello, ladies! Welcome back to CMU. I’m very excited to share manicure ideas with you again!
This week I’ll be doing a three-color colorblocking design. It’s not as hard as it sounds!
What you’ll need:
– Three coordinating nail polish colors. I went for contrast with a Sally Hansen Insta-Dri in a lime green (it doesn’t have a name because it came in a set) and in Sonic Boom, and Nails Inc. in Baker Street.
– Scotch tape to make your lines straight (you can use the removable kind if you’re nervous about it picking up polish). Or, if you’re feeling ambitious, a small brush to freehand.
How to do it:
1) Choose one of your colors to paint on your base and let it dry. You should choose a color that only needs one coat, otherwise you risk having goopy polish that will peel off with the tape. For my tips on how to do this, check out my very first post.
2) Once your nails are completely dry, lay a piece of tape on with the angle you want your lines to be. To make it thinner, I cut the tape in half lengthwise (this also saves tape).
3) Using your next shade, paint over the section you’ve blocked off. Let it dry.
4) Repeat with your last color, let it dry, and seal it with a topcoat! You may also want to go over your lightest color again if it’s looking a bit thin next to the darker colors.
Thanks for reading! I’d love to see your designs on our Instagram, Twitter, or Facebook pages.