Bennett “Da Bomb” Kriete 14′

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CMU chapter.

“Bennett.” No last name needed. I’d bet my bottom dollar you know who I’m talking about, but I’ll throw in his last name anyways just for giggles: Kriete. With his varying campus involvements and wildly outgoing personality, Bennett Kriete has become a greatly celebrated member of the CMU community. Creating laughter in his wake and extending friendship to everyone he encounters, this senior will be leaving behind an enduring legacy after throwing his cap into the air this spring.

Kriete is double majoring in Chemical Engineering and Engineering and Public Policy. Not only was he an Orientation Counselor and Orientation Leader, but he also serves as the Vice President of marketing for 1000Plus Day of Service. Other campus involvements include work with the Emerging Leaders Retreat and the student government. He said that his greatest memories at CMU were made during his time as an OC and an OL (from sophomore year to senior year), “The energy during that week is super unique. The OC staff as a whole is the best representation of the diversity of the campus.”

Following graduation, Kriete will move to Washington D.C. where he will work in the systems integration group at Accenture. When asked what he will miss most about college, Kriete chose napping and seeing his friends every day, “I’ll miss the accessibility of my friends. In real life you actually have to plan things. And I’m not good at that. I’ll miss having my friends literally next door.”  His friends, Steve Scannell and James Solomon, described him as, “The life of the party and the library,” and, “The loudest sweetheart you’ll ever meet.” So I think its safe to say that Bennett’s friends, along with every member of the CMU community, will miss him too.

I am a junior Materials Science and Engineering mjaor at Carnegie Mellon University, and I am also minoring in Professional Writing and Business. I am a member of Kappa Kappa Gamma.  I love TV and trying out new beauty products.  I follow E! on Twitter so that I can stay up-to-date on celebrity news.  I'm royal-obsessed, and I love Kate Middleton's style.  I'm kind of a Sephora addict, and I could easily spend hours there.  I also spend way too much time on Pinterest.  Finally, I love hockey and all Pittsburgh sports.