5 Outfits/Accessories to Welcome Spring

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CMU chapter.

Despite the misleading temperatures we’ve been having lately, Spring is finally here! After a cold, snowy, and LONG winter, we finally have sunshine and warmth coming our way. Here are 5 outfits/accessories welcoming in the warmer temps!

Overalls:

Overalls definitely aren’t for everyone, as some people are very keen on keeping this 90’s trend solely in the 90’s. However, if you are interested in wearing overalls I sugest you do so! Overalls can be long, or short, and can easily be paired with a casual top inside and makes for an easy outfit.

Cardigans:

In the spring, cardigans are an essential wardrobe item. You can throw cardigans over a dress, tank top, shirt, basically anything! Cardigans also provide you with some warmth without making you sweat excessively.

Boyfriend Jeans:

Boyfriend jeans are another spring must. Boyfriend jeans are comfy, as well as easy to throw on. Boyfriend jeans can be paired with your sweaters from the winter, or you can even throw on a t-shirt and cardigan and be ready to go.

Statement Necklaces:

Statement necklaces will never go away. Statement necklaces can turn a very plain outfit into something that took a lot of effort to put together. I’d invest in many of these, as one statement necklace is not enough!

Cut out Ankle Boots:

Cut out ankle boots are an excellent spring find. These can be paired with your favorite jeans, leggings, or even dresses and skirts! The opportunities to wear these shoes are endless.

I am a junior Materials Science and Engineering mjaor at Carnegie Mellon University, and I am also minoring in Professional Writing and Business. I am a member of Kappa Kappa Gamma.  I love TV and trying out new beauty products.  I follow E! on Twitter so that I can stay up-to-date on celebrity news.  I'm royal-obsessed, and I love Kate Middleton's style.  I'm kind of a Sephora addict, and I could easily spend hours there.  I also spend way too much time on Pinterest.  Finally, I love hockey and all Pittsburgh sports.