Style > Beauty

Your New Ultimate (& Cheap) Skincare Routine

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clemson chapter.

Here is the perfect skincare routine to have your very best skin (just in time for the start of a new semester) while also saving your wallet! This nightly routine will help accentuate your beauty and it will leave your face glowing. 

Cleanse

Cleansing your face is the first and arguably most important step. This step removes your makeup and the day’s oil, leaving skin refreshed. Try Neutrogena’s Fresh Foaming Cleanser for only $4.99 from Target.

Double Cleeanse (Optional)

With a double cleanse you can use a separate cleanser of an alternate style. For example, if you use a foaming cleanser in the first step, try a non-foaming one here. They achieve different results which, when combined, leave skin glowing. Try The Body Shop Tea Tree Face Wash for only $6.00 from Ulta

Exfoliate

Exfoliation is a key part of a great skincare routine as you remove dead skin and leave your face feeling soft. However, it is possible to over-exfoliate, so make sure to only exfoliate 2-3 times a week. St. Ives makes great exfoliators that I personally use and love! There are tons of options around $4 on Amazon (sort price low-high for best results)!

Tone

This step tightens pores and picks up any leftover oils after your cleanse. My personal favorite toner is Dr. Mayer’s Witch Hazel. However, any witch hazel will do, for example, T.N. Dickinson’s Witch Hazel, and can be bought in a large container for cheap. This will last you all semester long and only costs $3.59 from Target!

Moisturize 

Moisturizing is one of the most vital parts of the process. Your skin will most likely feel tight and fresh from the cleanse and tone, but moisturizing is necessary to keep your skin hydrated and to help prevent wrinkles. Garnier’s SkinActive Moisturizer is only $7.99 from Amazon!

Hi, I'm Kendall! I'm a Business Management major with a love of writing, art, and creativity. In my free time you can find me hanging out with friends, taking photographs, cheering on Clemson Football, drinking coffee, watching tv/movies, and eating tons of great food. And although I love to stay in, one of my passions is traveling all around the world!
Rachel Diemer

Clemson '23

I am a sophomore Psychology major at Clemson! I love to write and I am passionate about mental illness and hope to pursue a career in counseling... but I also just love sunflowers, coffee, & naps :)