Will You Answer Your Call?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clemson chapter.

We have now made it about seven weeks into school – and I don’t know about you – but for me, they have been a whirlwind. Within the first three weeks of being here though, I started to understand what everyone means when they say that you find your true identity in college. In a new place, with new freedoms and new people, we can be anyone we want. But I’ve come to realize that freedom isn’t always a good thing.

Two of my closest friends and I were hanging out in the horseshoe a couple days ago when they said, “You know, you’ve really changed since you’ve been here.” While they didn’t mean it in a negative way, it was like a punch in the gut. Hi there, reality check, nice to meet you. How did I let myself stray this far from my one true Father?

Jesus wants us to give our lives to Him and to follow him, but we all too often hide in the back of the classroom and say, “No thanks Jesus, that’s just not really good for me right now.” We say this for many reasons. Fear, anxiety, the need for acceptance, or just simply because it’s convenient. But y’all, we can’t let these things keep us from answering the phone. So, when Jesus calls you and asks you to be bold today, do it.

Proverbs 28:1 says, “The wicked run when no one is chasing them, but the Godly are as bold as lions.”  And while I want to tell you that no one is watching, they are. But they’re watching because they want to see how you live your life through Him so that they can do the same. Matt Humphrey from Renovation Church said, “The significance of your future depends on your obedience today.” Just like our beloved Deshaun Watson, you are a gamechanger. Listen to God, follow his word, and you might just find yourself throwing a winning pass to Jesus.

Hey guys, my name is Sara Gates! I am a Kappa Delta here at Clemson and can usually be found in an Eno by the lake or at Smoothie King. I am a marking major with a minor in communications and I love horses, my family, and Jesus...channeling my inner Journey right now. Go tigers!
Hannah Fanset

Clemson '21

Hi, Everyone! I'm Hannah Fanset. I'm a sophomore from Rochester, NY, and I'm majoring in psychology and management. My favorite things are books, movies, traveling, eating good food and laughing way too loud.