This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clemson chapter.

Ok, ladies. Most of us have had that one boy in our lives that we truly loved, and no matter what happens, we were/are still hung up on them. Even if said-boy doesn’t deserve an ounce of our attention, we still give it to him. Trying to forget him is like climbing an infinite mountain, you go through the motions of trying to forget, but you just can’t seem to make it.

I speak from experience, I’ve hiked this trail over and over. What I’ve learned, though, is that every day that I gave my time to Jesus instead of this boy, I got a little bit better.

God created us with holes in our hearts. We constantly try to fill this hole with friends, boys, partying, sports, and really anything that can temporarily satisfy us. But none of these solutions will ever truly make us happy because God is the only one who can really fill our hearts with joy. In Matthew 6:24, God says “No one can serve two masters. For you will hate one and love the other; you will be devoted to one and despise the other”.

Nothing can change God’s love for you. Psalm 136:26 tells us that “His faithful love endures forever.” Instead of making a guy the center of your life, finally put God in that space where he belongs. Once you do that, everything will work out just the way it’s supposed to. So, try and spend your very little free time in between Chemistry and Calculus reading your bible and getting to know Jesus. You just might find yourself finally getting over the mountain. Oh, and wasn’t it Miley Cyrus that told us that it’s all about the climb?

Hey guys, my name is Sara Gates! I am a Kappa Delta here at Clemson and can usually be found in an Eno by the lake or at Smoothie King. I am a marking major with a minor in communications and I love horses, my family, and Jesus...channeling my inner Journey right now. Go tigers!