A Review of Diet Coke’s New Flavors

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clemson chapter.

What’s better than a delicious, refreshing drink with a ton of flavor options?  One that doesn’t have any calories or sugar!  And that’s exactly what Diet Coke gave us when they released their new range of flavors.  The diet coke that you know and love got a makeover (but still has the same great taste) and a whole bunch of new flavor options for you to enjoy while on spring break, or just pushing through till finals.  And if you were wondering about which flavor you should try, here’s a flavor by flavor review of each one!

Feisty Cherry

This flavor is for you when you want that fruity kick to spice up your day.  I think it’s perfect for that midday wakeup and it pairs well with all of the flavors that spring and summer bring.  Bring this one to the beach or poolside and prepare to enjoy a bright and beautiful day filled with great cherry flavor!

Ginger Lime

If you’re not so much a fan of fruity drinks, then ginger lime Diet Coke has your back.  This flavor is like regular Diet Coke’s sophisticated older sibling.  You could serve this at a dinner party and all of your guests would be thrilled. The ginger and lime aren’t overpowering, and the ginger flavor is what lingers and makes you want to take another sip. This flavor also pairs extremely well to make some after dinner cocktails (if you’re over 21, of course).

Twisted Mango

This is the epitome of the summer drink.  An ice cold mango diet coke, some sunnies, and a good book while poolside sound like the perfect day to me!  As someone who doesn’t like mango (I know, I’m crazy), even I like this flavor. It’s a nice fruity twist on the classic diet coke, but more subdued than Feisty Cherry is.

Zesty Blood Orange

Diet Coke really didn’t leave us lacking in the fruity flavors when they revamped their line.  I would describe Zesty Blood Orange as somewhere in between Feisty Cherry and Twisted Mango.  The blood orange flavor is definitely there, but it doesn’t kick you in the face.  And because it’s bloodorange rather than a regular orange, this flavor isn’t sickly sweet.  It’s the kind of drink that I would take to a picnic in a park on a nice, warm spring day.

Blueberry Acai

Before I say anything about this drink, if you see this flavor in stores BUY IT.  The Blueberry Acai flavor has been flying off the shelves, and for good reason.  It’s probably the most unique soda flavor I’ve ever tried.  You wouldn’t think that blueberry would pair well with coke, but it does!  It’s lightly sweet and fruity, but almost tastes like a smoothie bowl rather than your traditional fruit flavored soda.

Strawberry Guava

I saved the best flavor for last.  I LOVE the new Strawberry Guava Diet Coke.  It’s fruity and delicious and sweet, and it hardly even tastes like diet coke.  If you’re not a fan of soda, I think this flavor is perfect for you.  It’s refreshing and doesn’t give you that annoying squeaky teeth feeling when you drink it.  Just trust me on this one and go pick up a can (or two or three…) and revel in how delicious no calories or sugar can be!

MegAnn is a junior genetics major at Clemson University. She is currently part of the Calhoun Honors College, involved in cancer and genetics research, and the events director for HC Clemson. You can find her spending too much time in the life science building, trying to convince her friends to be SFX makeup models, and spending time with her roommates and their dog.
Kate Freed

Clemson '21

Hi! My name is Kate Freed and I'm from Raleigh, NC. I'm a sophomore Communication major at Clemson University. I love all things fitness, food, and fashion. I teach kickboxing and barre and am passionate about motivating others to be their best selves.