Restaurants You MUST Visit in Downtown Greenville

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clemson chapter.

As Clemson students we not only have the benefit of living in a beautiful college town but we also have an amazing city close by! Greenville is a short 45-minute car ride away and has some of the best restaurants I have ever eaten at. I have compiled a list of my all-time favorites you have to try!

Brick Street Café

Two words. THE CAKE!! I typically don’t love cake, but Brick Street has sweet potato, peanut butter and coconut cakes that are to DIE for. They offer slices of each for $8 or you can purchase the whole cake. They also serve lunch and dinner and I would definitely recommend trying it out – even if it’s just for dessert.

The Lazy Goat

The Lazy Goat is a great dinner spot that serves international food. My personal suggestion is the fried goat cheese – it will literally melt in your mouth. This is a bit pricier, but the location is beautiful and overlooks Falls Park! I would suggest sitting outside on the patio if possible.

Tupelo Honey

Tupelo Honey is right downtown and such a cute place to try. I personally love going for brunch – they have the best biscuits. They also serve lunch and dinner in a country-style, home cooked fashion. If you eat here, you will definitely be full after.

Trio’s

Trio’s is for the Italian lovers. I love the brick-oven pizza, but their pasta is also delicious. You really can’t go wrong with anything from here is located is right off Main Street.

Spill the Beans

I have to end with more dessert! For those of you who don’t know about Spill the Beans, you can choose from chocolate or vanilla ice cream and any choice of toppings. This Spill the Beans is very rustic with a brick interior. It has a very different vibe from the one in Clemson, but the ice cream is still just as amazing. My go-to order is vanilla yogurt with raspberry and snickers. It’s right by the Liberty Bridge on Falls Park, so my favorite thing to do is get some ice cream and take a nice stroll!

Eadon Lee

Clemson '21

Hi, I'm Eadon! I'm from Sumter, SC and currently a junior marketing major/psychology minor at Clemson. My fav spot in Clemson is definitely the dikes (best view in town) and a funnn fact: I met Taylor Swift in fourth grade!
Rachel Diemer

Clemson '23

I am a sophomore Psychology major at Clemson! I love to write and I am passionate about mental illness and hope to pursue a career in counseling... but I also just love sunflowers, coffee, & naps :)