books on brown wooden shelf
books on brown wooden shelf
Susan Yin/Unsplash

Quote Inspiration: Finals Edition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clemson chapter.

It’s that time in the semester: finals. No one likes them, but everyone has to take them.  In order to make this years studying a little more painless, here’s a compilation of quotes that are sure to fuel you through your cram sessions.

As simple as it sounds, just start. Even if you only plan on studying for 10 minutes, either way you’ll have accomplished more than you would’ve staying in bed or watching Netflix. Plus, you’ll most likely find that you’ll actually study longer than you originally intended. There’s never going to be a time where you regret starting your work early, so get a move on and start checking those assignments off your list!To avoid wasting time, make sure to move any electronics so they’re not within view or easy reach. Then, your brain won’t have anywhere to escape to when studying starts to feel boring. Try putting your phone on “Do Not Disturb” and using a website blocker app like SelfControl to keep yourself on track.

As much as college and finals week is centered around grades, remember that you’re ultimately taking these courses to challenge yourself so you’re well-equipped for the adult world. If you study your butt off and still aren’t satisfied with your grade, don’t obsess too much. Just make sure the you a year from now would be proud.

Although, it may feel like you’re toiling away with no reward, remind yourself of the future. The future where you have your own career, your first “adult” job, and can afford to support yourself fully.  Right now you may not notice results, but keep going girl for that future you who’s successful and satisfied with all she’s accomplished.

Hannah Fanset

Clemson '21

Hi, Everyone! I'm Hannah Fanset. I'm a sophomore from Rochester, NY, and I'm majoring in psychology and management. My favorite things are books, movies, traveling, eating good food and laughing way too loud.
Caitlin Barkley is currently a senior at Clemson University pursuing a degree in both Biology and Psychology. In 2016-2017, she served as the Campus Correspondent and Editor-in-Chief for Her Campus Clemson after joining her freshman year. She is also an ambassador with the Calhoun Honors College, a teacher with Clemson Dancers, and a member of Tiger Strut Dance Company. Caitlin is a colonizing member of the South Carolina Beta Chapter of Pi Beta Phi, and she serves as the current Chapter President. A few of her favorite things include coffee, her Clemson ring, and fuzzy blankets! Follow her on Instagram @c_barkley19