Philip Carson ’14

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clemson chapter.

Major: Corporate Finance
Hometown: Greenville, SC
Year: Junior
Relationship Status: Taken

Campus Involvement:
Interfraternity Council VP of Finance, Webmaster of Finance and Accounting Professionals Club, CCIT Help Desk Technician

Why did you choose Clemson?
I was sold as soon as I toured the campus; I love how Clemson is a college town and not just stuck in the middle of a big city. Another big part was the attitude of the staff and students – everyone was so friendly and happy. And, of course, the football.

What are some of your hobbies?
I enjoy snowboarding, traveling, reading books, watching TV, the outdoors, shooting rifles and shotguns, and my biggest hobby is technology.

What is your dream job?
I would love to work in the finance department of a big tech company like Google or Microsoft, and then eventually start my own technology company

What annoys you more than the Gamecocks?
Bad drivers

If you could travel anywhere in the world right now, where would you go?
Europe – I was lucky enough to tour a lot of Italy while studying abroad in Rome, and I would love the chance to go back to Europe and visit some of the places I didn’t get to before, like Germany, London, and Amsterdam.

Current song on repeat:
“Cruise” – Florida Georgia Line

Favorite Movie:
I watch a lot more TV shows than I do movies. My favorite shows are Breaking Bad,Game of Thrones, Modern Family, and Eastbound and Down

Celebrity Crush:
Hayden Panettiere – I fell in love when I first saw her in the show “Heroes”

Go-to pickup line:
Are you from Tennessee? Because you’re the only ten I see

What is your idea of an ideal date
I like more creative, adventurous dates instead of the typical dinner and movie. A favorite date of mine is taking a girl to the shooting range and teaching her how to use guns – they usually love that.

What do you look for in a girl?
The main things are a laid back and fun personality, good looks, and intelligence. I also like a girl who is independent and can stand on her own two feet.

Any advice for Clemson girls?
Keep up the good work – Clemson girls have class

Paige is a senior at Clemson University majoring in communication studies and minoring in business and technical writing. Hailing from Northern Virginia, she is the campus correspondent and founder of Her Campus Clemson, as well as VP of membership programming for her sorority, Alpha Chi Omega, and a contributing writer for The Tiger. She loves writing and photography, and after studying abroad in France this summer, she hopes to someday be a photographer and writer for a travel magazine. She has a strong passion (obsession) for social media, and when she's not tweeting or Facebook stalking, you can find her watching Criminal Minds and Glee, inhaling Chipotle burritos, jamming out to swing music, or shopping for new gameday outfits. GO TIGERS!