This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clemson chapter.

Everyone has a different lifestyle. Whether you’re a busy bee, sluggish sloth or anything in between, here is a list of dog breeds for you.

Dogs for Apartments 

These dogs are small enough to live in small spaces and are easily adaptable to new places. They’re also the perfect lap babies!

Russell Terrier

Bichon Frise

Boston Terrier

Cavalier King Charles Spaniel

Lazy Dogs For Lazy Owners

If you aren’t an active person but still want a loving companion, these are the doggos for you! They’ll love to curl up next to you after a long day. Plus, their grooming is low maintenance. 

Basset Hound

American Bulldog

Pug

Dachshund

Dogs for Busy Owners/Dogs Who Need Space

If you’re a busy bee and have a job-filled life but still want a fur-baby to welcome you home, these dogs will be perfect for you. These dogs are on the more independent side and won’t be a second shadow. They’re easy-going and like to keep to themselves.

Greyhound

Irish Wolfhound

Akita

Miniature Schnauzer  

Active/Competition Dogs

Border Collie

Golden Retriever

Australian Cattle Dog

Kid and Family Dogs

Dogs for the family are very important, especially if younger children are around. Here are some kid-friendly (and also children-at-heart) dogs for your family.

Beagle

Bernese Mountain Dog 

Great Dane

Labradoodle

Dogs For First-Time Owners

Some dogs are easier to train than others. Here are a few of the best dogs for first-time owners. The calm nature of these dogs makes them easier for new owners to train and handle.

Yorkie

Cocker Spaniel

Labrador Retriever

Hypoallergenic Dogs 

While it’s possible to be allergic to a dog’s fur, there are some hypoallergenic dogs fi you still want to own a dog. These dogs are known to cause fewer allergic reactions to people who may be affected by the dog’s fur. Here are a few listed. However, these dogs tend to be a bit pricier. 

Shih Tzu

Wire Fox Terrier

Irish Water Spaniel

Mixed Breed Dogs

There are some really great dogs at your local shelter. These dogs are perfect for all types of lifestyles and have tons of love to give!

Dogs for Apartments

Neala Kelly

Clemson '22

Have a great day!
Mayme Medlock is a junior at Clemson University, studying political science with an emphasis in international relations. In her free time, you'll find her chasing cute dogs, talking about studying abroad in the Balkans, watching copious amounts of Netflix, and putting people at ease when they question her name's pronunciation (May-m, not May-me).