Olivia Stapleton ’19

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clemson chapter.

Olivia Stapleton is a freshman PRTM major all the way from Naperville, Illinois!

1.     Why you chose Clemson University

When you have to walk to school in -25 degree weather and 3 feet of snow, the south becomes really appealing.

2.     Favorite thing about writing for Her Campus Clemson                                     

My favorite thing would be writing articles particularly pertaining to freshman, or other outsiders (like northerns) who have thus far shared the same constant struggle of adjusting to a university in the south.  Also working with a cool group of people would be awesome, I’m pretty social and have a hard running out of things to say.

3.     What else are you involved in on campus?

I am a member of AXO, I also am involved in the CASH living learning community, and intramural sports. Someday I’m going to get around to joining the running club.

4.     Favorite Clemson restaurant/bar

Spill the beans- if you count that as a restaurant, because I do, considering I could eat ice cream every meal of the day.

5.     What do you do in your free time?

I really enjoy running especially outside, also being outdoors in general. I love to read, but not when it is something I am forced to read.  Also I am a pinterest addict and am always attempting any DIY craft.

6.     Celebrity crush:

Lauren Conrad, Jennifer Aniston, Brittney Spears & Emma Stone

7. Favorite Clemson tradition:

Although I suffered from intense sunburn and burning calves I would have to say that my favorite Clemson Tradition is standing on the Hill for a Clemson football game.

8. Ideal/best first date you have been on

Ideal would be anything with food, outdoor activities, and puppies. I will say that the best date I ever went on was a food tour in the city. We walked around all day trying different foods from local food places. Anybody who knows me know the fastest way to my heart is my stomach and this boy did not disappoint.

9. What do you want to do in your career?

I hope to settle somewhere in the Carolinas, preferably Charleston and take on a career as an event planner. I’m not sure if I want to do weddings- the idea of dealing with a needy bride for 9+ months to plan a wedding does not seem like the best idea. But I hope to plan other private events and hopefully run my own company/service. 

10. Current favorite fashion trend?

As I said earlier I’m from the north and pretty much all my T-shirts are size small, but after recent discovery I am loving the big T-shirt trend everyone seems to be following down here and from now on I am stocking up on larges.

11. If you have studied abroad where did you go and what was your favorite thing about it?

I have not studied abroad, although if I do I plan on going to Ireland. My Grandma, my sister, and I were planning on going to Ireland this past summer together. Unfortunately my grandma passed away unexpectedly the summer before. It’s been a dream of ours to go there, and although we won’t be able to go together now, I still hope to myself.

12. What fun things did you do this summer?

I spent most of my summer Nanny 3 kids this summer, and although I have now decided I am never going to have kids, we did have a lot of fun adventures including trips to the pet shop to play with puppies for hours, fishing with hotdogs, and slip’n slides.

Chicago//Clemson 19'
Hey! My name's Liz and I'm a Sigma Kappa at Clemson University! I love my school more than anything in the world and love sharing that with y'all!!