No Plans for Valentine’s Day? Here’s What HC Clemson is Doing!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clemson chapter.

Valentine’s Day has a habit of creeping up when you’re at your most stressed – and most single. So, if you’ve been putting off making plans and find yourself with no idea how to spend your Valentine’s Day, don’t sweat it!

You don’t have to have a picture-perfect holiday to have a nice time. Personally, I’m running errands, prepping for midterms, and meeting a few friends for ice cream. See? Totally casual, so no FOMO for you. I asked our HC Clemson team what they’re doing for Valentine’s Day, so if you want to see what real college girls are doing (and not just what Instagram says we’re doing), keep reading.

Mayme Medlock

Editor-in-Chief/Co-CC

“I’ll driving to Greenville because I left my Airpods at my internship (very embarrassing). Then, I’m back to finish my first Pendulum draft, prep for midterms next week, and meet up with some other #singlefriends for ice cream. Also, I’m 1000% watching Park’s and Rec’s Galentine’s Day episode.”

Leslie Knope explaining Galentine's day
Giphy

Ashleigh O’Brien

President/Recruitment Director

“Drinking fine wine & eating chipotle alone (:”

Alcohol Girl Happy Drinking
Alex Frank / Spoon

Guillana Fajardo

Co-Social Media Director

“im spending time with my boyfriend! we have a tradition where we have a notebook and fill it up with pictures of significant memories in our relationship and write out the memory and describe how we felt. each valentines day, we switch off who has the notebook. last year, i gave him the notebook, so this year he will be giving the notebook to me. i can’t wait to see what moments we had that were special and that stuck with him!”

i love you card
Naomi Irons on Unsplash

Emma Winterlind

PR & Marketing Director

“going up to dc to surprise my boyfriend who goes to school there!”

man and woman holding hands
Photo by Thomas Ward from Pexels

Gabrielle White

Secretary

“Going to Greenville with my boyfriend for some dinner & to walk around the city!”

couple kissing in the street with heart balloons in the background
Pexels / freestocks.org

Ivy Bryan

Events Director

“I have an anthropology exam, so I will be studying and then taking that exam. Then, hopefully, hang out with my boyfriend on Valentine’s Day or the next day.”

Person Writing in Notebook
Pexels

Morgan Wagner

Writer

“Spending it with friends”

two friends laughing
Savannah Dematteo

Sara Ciplickas

Writer

“Spending the Day at Disney World with my work friends from the Disney College Program!”

The Lalasmiling Girl In Mickey Mouse Ears
Her Campus Media

Mayme Medlock is a junior at Clemson University, studying political science with an emphasis in international relations. In her free time, you'll find her chasing cute dogs, talking about studying abroad in the Balkans, watching copious amounts of Netflix, and putting people at ease when they question her name's pronunciation (May-m, not May-me).