This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clemson chapter.

Summer is almost upon us!  This means many different things for everyone, but one of my favorite parts of transitioning from spring to summer is transitioning my makeup routine.  Here are some of my must-have makeup products for the hottest and brightest time of the year!

1. Bobbi Brown BB Cream

I enjoy many things about this BB cream; it’s long-lasting, it comes in an insane variety of shades, and it is not cakey on my skin.  But my favorite part of this product is that it contains SPF 35. This did not initially attract me, because almost all BB creams have some sort of SPF.  This one is without a doubt THE BEST. I have skin as pale as they make it that is super duper sensitive, especially to sunlight. And when I wear this BB cream, you will not see one speck of sunburn on my face, it’s that good.  I have been using this for years and will never stop.

2. Tarte Maracuja Creaseless Concealer

This concealer is perfect for summer in that it is both waterproof and creaseless.  If you are like me and sweat bullets after taking one step outside in the summer, I 10/10 recommend this concealer.  It does not budge and provides clean coverage all day. It is also great for covering up under-eye circles, which know no certain time of the year.  

3. Urban Decay Cannonball Ultra Waterproof Mascara

A good waterproof mascara should be a staple in anyone’s summer makeup bag.  In fact, I use this one all-year round because I like it that much.

4. Benefit Galifornia Blush

Bright pinks and corals are the best colors to use on your cheeks in the summertime. However, some can be overpowering.  This blush gives the most beautiful glow with a slight amount of shimmer without giving off the appearance of an Oompa Loompa.  

5. Lancome Juicy Shaker Lip Oil

These things are THE BOMB.  Sometimes a heavy, matte lip can be uncomfortable in the summer, so these are the perfect solution.  They are also super fun. All you do is give the bottle a shake, and use the spongey applicator to give your lips a hydrating tint.  

Hannah Fanset

Clemson '21

Hi, Everyone! I'm Hannah Fanset. I'm a sophomore from Rochester, NY, and I'm majoring in psychology and management. My favorite things are books, movies, traveling, eating good food and laughing way too loud.