Lanie’s Fashion Blog #2: The Ballet Flat

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clemson chapter.

Hello all! I’m back with part two of my fashion essentials post. This week I’m focusing on one of the most essential and versatile shoes there is- the ballet flat! While the name may scare off non-dancers, ballet flats are a shoe made for everyone. Of course you could go the Tory Burch route, but there are so many more options- cap toe, bold, printed, pointed toe, that whichever style you choose will quickly become a fun staple in your wardrobe.

Early spring is an especially difficult time to dress for with cooler mornings but warm afternoons. Ballet flats are such great shoes for this time of year because they are breezy while also keeping your toes warm! Something I experimented with last summer was wearing ballet flats with shorts or a skirt rather than my usual skinny jeans. It’s not something you would automatically think to pair together but it looks so much more put together than sandals, especially if you’re in a setting where you need to be more professional.

Ballet Flats by fashionista2010 featuring ballerina shoes

Look at it this way- flats are the perfect shoe for when it’s too warm for boots but not warm enough for jacks! Go invest in a pair if you haven’t already, you won’t regret it!

Photo Credit:

http://prettypleaseus.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/shoes-every-girl-should-own-ballet-flats.png