Ian M. Dickerson ’16

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clemson chapter.
Ian M. Dickerson
Clemson University ’16
Civil Engineering-Construction Management
Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc. Community Service Chair
Clemson Community Scholar
Lightsey Bridge RA

What do you most enjoy about being an engineering major?
I enjoy the many different backgrounds and nationalities that I have come across thanks to the Engineering field. A great deal of my TA’s, Professors and classmates have come from not only across the country, but the world and it truly has been great to learn how to solve problems in so many different ways.

What will you miss about Clemson when you graduate?
Once I graduate I will miss spending consistent quality time with the friends that have helped me grow from the 18 year old young man into the 22 year old grown man that I have become. I value the connections that will carry far beyond college more so than a lot of academic material that I have learned.

What has been your proudest moment as an Alpha man thus far?
My proudest moment as an Alpha man has been seeing the appreciation from several of individuals in the communities when we are out doing community service, like the trash pick-up or the march of dimes fundraisers. I just appreciate the truly unnecessary recognition.

If you could live in another country for the summer, what country would it be and why?
I would live in the Czech Republic if I could for a summer because having been there for only a week through CASH I want to spend an extended period of time exploring and learning more about the country and the people within.

Former Clemson Student Affairs Graduate Student and Clemson House Graduate Community Director. San Juan bred, Atlanta raised me.
Hey! My name's Liz and I'm a Sigma Kappa at Clemson University! I love my school more than anything in the world and love sharing that with y'all!!