This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clemson chapter.

Remember a decade ago when Gretchen Weiners was complaining about those beautiful white gold hoops she could never wear? Well Regina can’t hold us back anymore. Hoops are coming back as a refreshing trend on campus. Some people love them, some people hate them, but it looks like they’re here to stay for a while.

Since you might as well get used to seeing them all around campus, here are five reasons to put some hoops on:

1. They add sass to any outfit. T-shirt and norts? Putting hoops on gives that outfit a new flare that you never knew it could have.

1. They’re light and easy to wear, while still making a statement. Wearing them daily won’t hurt your ears and you’ll barely notice they’re there.

1. There is a size for everyone’s comfort level. Strut your stuff in huge hoops or throw on some baby ones.

1. They look good on everyone. Period.

1. You can wear them for any occasion. Small ones for an interview and sassy ones for game day. Have fun with it and wear them whenever and wherever you want.

Hoops can seem intimidating and many girls think they can’t pull them off, but I’m here to tell you that if you have ears, you can pull them off. This trend goes in and out through the years so let’s take advantage of it while we can.

On a lazy day, they’re the perfect accessories to give you an extra boost. However, with great hoops comes great responsibility. Hoops are associated with attitude; so don’t be afraid to look a little sassy. The hoops give you the look, but the confidence comes from inside.

Take a lesson from the Queen B herself. Beyonce’s been rocking hoops for years. We all know she’s fierce and she’s the perfect example of how hoops can add attitude to the simplest of outfits.  Obviously we’re not working with Beyonce’s budget, but there are plenty affordable options that look no different than the expensive pairs.

With hoops, the possibilities are endless. Next time you’re walking to class, keep your eyes peeled for the different ways girls are wearing them. Hoops are this fall’s must have accessory and you can’t go a day without seeing them on campus. If you’re already on the hoop train then keep it up ladies, and if not then hopefully this has inspired you to give them a try.

There’s no harm in unleashing your inner diva with hoops every so often or even every day.

Have fun with this new trend and go tigers!

Photos:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/04/30/gretchen-wieners-mean-girls-anniversary_n_5192392.html

http://pinstor.us/2014/05/06/gold-hoop-earrings/

Hey my name's Anne! I'm an English major and Communications minor here at Clemson. I love chipotle, going to the lake, and, of course, the Clemson Tigers.
Hey! My name's Liz and I'm a Sigma Kappa at Clemson University! I love my school more than anything in the world and love sharing that with y'all!!