This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clemson chapter.

We’ve all been there. You start dating a guy right before a major holiday, and you wonder what in the world you’re supposed to do.  Am I supposed to get him something? What if he gets me something and I don’t have anything for him? How much should I spend on him?  I’m not entirely sure what he likes yet. What if he already has this? The questions going through your head are probably endless. Have no fear.  Here are ten full-proof gifts that aren’t too personal, don’t break the bank, but still let this special someone know you’re thinking of him during the holidays.

1. College T-Shirt

This isn’t too personal, and the bookstores on campuses often have deals around the holidays.  Plus, if it’s long-sleeved, he’ll get plenty of use out of it during the wintertime.

2. Flask 

Giving him something useful is a bonus.  If you’re on that level, you can even personalize it.  Just make sure he is of age! 

3. Beanie  

Boys. Love.  Beanies. That.  Is. All.

4. Pajama Pants  

I have never met anyone who is not excited to receive pajama pants.  They are the perfect gift for the winter as the temperature lowers and the athletic shorts aren’t doing the trick for sleeping.  

5. Party Game 

This is something you can use together!  Who doesn’t love a good game of Cards Against Humanity or What Do You Meme?  

6. Speaker  

If your man is always listening to music, you should look into this.  There are so many inexpensive options, especially on Amazon. Bonus points if it’s waterproof and he can listen to it in the shower!  

7. Laptop Case 

If your boyfriend is anything like half the guys I know, he doesn’t do much to protect his laptop.  And if you are anything like me, this bothers you a lot as that is an expensive piece of technology.  Help him out.

8. Take Him to Dinner

If you really can’t think of anything this man would like, take him to dinner!  This way you can spend time together and knock out his Christmas gift all in one swoop.

9. Coffee Tumbler

If you don’t think he would like the flask, try a coffee tumbler.  

10. Coasters

Does it ever freak you out how almost none of the apartments owned by males have coasters?  Yes, same. Let’s fix that.