Finals are next week. If you did not know that already, I hope you do now, but if you did know, I bet you’re stressed out…I know I am. Sarah Jio and Woman’s Day did research and found the best foods to boost your mood. This can be especially useful as finals week approaches. We all love to eat, so why not use food to help us make it through the toughest week of the semester!
- Stressed—Eat Chocolate: Chocolate, especially dark chocolate can help reduce stress hormones! So go ahead and grab that chocolate bar, it will make you feel better.
- Sluggish—Eat a Spinach Salad: Folate-rich foods like spinach and other greens will actually be more effective in waking you up than a cup of coffee would be.
- Cranky—Eat an Apple with Peanut Butter: This combination of an apple which is a healthy carbohydrate and peanut butter, a healthy fat will give you hours of energy. This is a way to get your dose of healthy sugars!
- Anxious—Eat Salmon: In is inevitable that anxiety comes with the thought of finals week, but the omega-3 fatty acids found in salmon can reduce anxiety and depression. This may sound fishy, but give it a try!
- Mad—Drink Green Tea: Green tea contains theanine, which is proven to be calming. Green tea also has a good amount of caffeine, which will have a better effect on your body than coffee.
- Sad—Eat Whole-Grain Cereal with Low-Fat Milk: Both whole-grain cereal and low-fat milk contain an excellent amount of Vitamin D. Having a low amount of vitamin D in your body can worsen your mood. But by eating whole-grain cereal with low-fat milk, you can increase the amount of vitamin D in your body and therefore increase your mood.
I know finals may seem like the end of the world, but you can make it through! If you keep your energy positive, eat healthy, and stay motivated, you will finish the semester on a high note.
For Sarah Jio’s full article in Woman’s Day– http://www.womansday.com/health-fitness/stress-management/7-foods-that-boost-every-type-of-bad-mood-110419?click=main_sr