Campus Cutie: Bear

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clemson chapter.

When Kelsey Rock moved to Clemson, SC into a new apartment to start her tiger town journey, she decided she would need a furry companion. Along came Bear. Bear is a rescue from the Atlanta Humane Society. Bear’s name was Cocoa, but when Kelsey adopted her, she really liked the name Bear. In spite of sounding a little masculine, Kelsey decideded regardless of gender the name Bear fit her pup perfect.  Bear was the first puppy Kelsey held and she laid on Kelsey’s shoulder and was so calm (unlike the other puppies who were biting and energetic). When Kelsey put Bear back into the pen to leave, she started to whine. When Kelsey came back, Bear got instantly excited. The two had an immediate connection and Kelsey couldnt leave her behind.

Favorite place to nap:Curled right up against someone either on the bed or the couch. 
Most excited when…:
Kelsey get’s home from class and work and is released from her crate. 
Favorite doggy treat:
A vanilla ice cream cone from McDonald’s

Best day ever would be…:
Running around Lake Keowee and playing in the sand and water, hitting up Mickey D’s for an ice cream cone to cool off and then laying around on the couch for the rest of the evening. 

Photo Credits to Kelsey Rock
Former Clemson Student Affairs Graduate Student and Clemson House Graduate Community Director. San Juan bred, Atlanta raised me.