Caleb Hodge ’16

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clemson chapter.

Caleb Hodge

May 2016
Major: Economics
Minor: Communications
Hometown: Johnson City, Tennessee
Campus Involvement: Student Intern at the Center for Career and Professional Development

Why Clemson?
“Clemson is just a fun a place to be. The people are so happy and passionate here and I felt that from the moment I stepped on this campus. We rush the field after football games, wear orange on Fridays, and are consistently the number one tailgating school in the nation. I love it.” 

What do you most enjoy about working as an intern for Clemson’s Career Center?
“I love helping the younger students. Clemson has so much to offer and I didn’t really take advantage of all of it when I was younger, so I try and offer them all the advice that  I can give, not just career related. Having the opportunity to be a mentor and positive influence in their lives is my favorite part about this job.”  

What are your post-graduation goals?
“I have wanted to go to law school since I was a little kid and I also want to receive a masters in economics.  If I can achieve those goals I will be happy, but my main goal is to make enough money in order to travel.” 

If you end up working full-time next year, what are some of the first purchases you want to make with your salary?
“I would spend the majority of it traveling, that’s my passion. Besides that, probably better food. 3 years of Raman Noodles probably hasn’t had the best impact on my health. Also, clothes. Who doesn’t love new clothes?” 

What was your favorite part about being in Miami for the Orange Bowl?
“Tailgating surrounded by palm trees was pretty fun, but mainly that we won the game. Also I got a little tan. ” 

Former Clemson Student Affairs Graduate Student and Clemson House Graduate Community Director. San Juan bred, Atlanta raised me.
Hey! My name's Liz and I'm a Sigma Kappa at Clemson University! I love my school more than anything in the world and love sharing that with y'all!!