This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clemson chapter.

It’s the most wonderful time of the year. Don’t lie, I know you just sang that in your head. But for real, the air is getting colder, the water pipes around campus are freezing, and library bridge is starting to get a little scary – all sure signs of Christmas. This time of year is filled with so much joy and thankfulness, but if you were asked what you were thankful for this Christmas, what would you say? Maybe your friends, your grades (if you’re lucky), or your family. These are all things that we are blessed with and should be thankful for, but if it wasn’t for God’s love for us, we wouldn’t have any of it.

When Jesus was born that cold night in Bethlehem, the rest of our lives changed. He was born to save us from our sins and to allow us to live in His freedom and love. And while all of us have heard the Christmas story at some point, not all of us have had the chance to make the star of that story the center of our lives. John 1:9-10 says, “The one who is the true light, who gives light to everyone, was coming into the world. He came into the very world he created, but the world didn’t recognize him”.

Who knew that, thousands of years later, most of the world still wouldn’t know Him? So while Christmas is a time for joy and thankfulness for Christians and non-Christians alike, as believers, we are called to use the holiday season to testify. Don’t be ashamed to tell people why you are so confident that He has a plan for you or how He has worked in your life and the lives of people you love. The best gift you can give someone is the Good News. Enjoy your much-needed break from school with your family and friends, and who knows? Maybe the best gift you receive this year is the chance to share the gospel. Merry Christmas!

Hey guys, my name is Sara Gates! I am a Kappa Delta here at Clemson and can usually be found in an Eno by the lake or at Smoothie King. I am a marking major with a minor in communications and I love horses, my family, and Jesus...channeling my inner Journey right now. Go tigers!
Hannah Fanset

Clemson '21

Hi, Everyone! I'm Hannah Fanset. I'm a sophomore from Rochester, NY, and I'm majoring in psychology and management. My favorite things are books, movies, traveling, eating good food and laughing way too loud.