This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clemson chapter.

1. The Uninvited

Rated PG-13, released in 2009

It follows the story of Anna (Emily Browning) who has just returned from a mental facility after the tragic death of her mother. She comes home to her father and his new fiance, her mother’s former nurse, but the fiance is hiding something and Anna is determined to find out what. No one believes her and she must take matters into her own hands. With a major plot twist at the end this is a must see!

2. Would You Rather

Rated NR, released in 2013

Starring Brittany Snow as Iris, she struggles for a way to save her sickly brother and their family’s burdening debt. She is invited to a dinner party along with seven other desperate guests to play a game. The winner wins the opportunity for all their problems to be solved. As the game gets more and more deadly, they soon realize only one will be leaving the mansion.

3. The Amityville Horror

Rated R, released in 2005

When husband George (Ryan Reynolds), wife Kathy (Melissa George), and their children move into a large home in Amityville, New York, they soon realize why they got such a good deal on the property. Based on the alleged true hauntings of the Amityville home in upstate NY, this real haunted house story is a classic.

4. Scary Movie 2, 3, or 5

Rated PG-13 or R, released 2001-2013

This is the ultimate parody of all scary movies. If you are just looking for a laugh take a chance with these ridiculous comedies especially if you are an old horror movie buff.

5. The Addams Family

Rated PG-13, released in 1991

Based on the television show, this movie embraces the weirdness of the Adams family with touches of dark comedy. When the family’s uncle has been missing for years and a stranger shows up claiming to be him, suspicions arise in this hilarious spin-off.

6. Jaws

Rated PG, released in 1975

If you have not see Jaws (a movie classic) then you need to make time this Halloween. It follows the tourist area of Cape Cod and its unfortunate encounters with a record breaking large great white shark.

7. Hush

Rated R, released in 2016

A deaf woman lives alone in a cabin in the woods and an intruder takes advantage of the opportunity. He thought she would be an easy target, but he was wrong.

Former Senior Editor
Caitlin Barkley is currently a senior at Clemson University pursuing a degree in both Biology and Psychology. In 2016-2017, she served as the Campus Correspondent and Editor-in-Chief for Her Campus Clemson after joining her freshman year. She is also an ambassador with the Calhoun Honors College, a teacher with Clemson Dancers, and a member of Tiger Strut Dance Company. Caitlin is a colonizing member of the South Carolina Beta Chapter of Pi Beta Phi, and she serves as the current Chapter President. A few of her favorite things include coffee, her Clemson ring, and fuzzy blankets! Follow her on Instagram @c_barkley19